de_seventowers_b2 (played last night) LOOKING FEEDBACK

turnbullTeRRoR

GC Alumni
(edited)

Yes we played last night and T's took the CTS to the shed out back and gave'm a good ole thrashing.

I know I need to slow the T progress on a straight B rush a little cuz they were getting there real quick. I can do that.

Anything else stick out to anyone that could be approved upon (other than a working radar and more details)

Any opinions that would fall in the category of "other"

Anyone have any frame rate issues or trouble spots?

I think I will make some small modifications to the map and see if we can replace B2 with B3(work in progress) and test it out next saturday.

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/173583

direct download from forums below

seventowers.zip

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

Canyon was heh my hardest worked project and ultimately my biggist waste of time. I looks great but huh lag issues from trying to do somethings that I'm not up to par on yet. To much open viewable space. To much map to render @ one time. It just needs to be completely reworked. I wanna keep the same concept but some things have to change. Maybe we can get San' to move the version we had on the server for testing to the death match server?

There are a lot of things. Brush over laps hurt/ large open spaces hurt. Customizing view portals (Kinda tricky you could hurt more than help) Lower rez textures. Less entities and so forth, but its mostly the brush work combined with many entities viewable at 1 time because of how open the map was. I think I have a plan for the remake its just gonna take some time. The css version was alot more simple but it also lagged some for weaker machines with the large displacement brushes and open space.

I think this new map I'm working on will be fun I'm just thinking a few spots/ routes are a little lacking. I address that and tidy up some make a custom nav file and maybe get a working radar and its all good.

maybe change in plans. Map could not be ready for Saturday. I was going to take the day off of work tomorrow to take my kids to the Zoo(crowd avoidance on weekday) but its 90% chance of rain and storms for the first 2/3rd of the day so looks like I'll be pushing back to Saturday on the Zoo trip (2 1/2 hrs away) The Zoo at Asheboro NC is considerably large so it takes about all day to see everything and with 2 little kids who walk slower than me it'll take even longer so I may not even make it back for customs at all #weather

• 2 weeks later...