Smoking Sucks! But Quitting is Ruthless!

chick82

I started smoking when I was like 17 or 18 and I'm 30 now. So for the last 12 years on/off more on and maybe off for a week or 2 here & there. Anyway, Tirtul & I have been married for 2 years as of April 9th, 2013, so he asked me to promise that I would never smoke again after that date. I thought sure.

Now I'm regretting it, ugh the last 2 & half days have sucked, like I know it only takes 2 weeks to deal with it, but now it's like real, there is no way to sneak around, hide it, I am seriously trapped in the house for 2 weeks without any means of going into town without supervision. So it's real. It's a Good thing. But SO FAR this has been my last almost 72 hours of no smoking has become:

Night Mares & Weird Dreams:

post-4102-0-63027900-1365705526.jpg

Unable to Sleep:

post-4102-0-94097500-1365705547.png

Stomach Aches:

post-4102-0-76464800-1365705562.jpg

& Of Course Urges:

post-4102-0-38562300-1365705575.jpg

Good luck Chick.

I started smoking when i was just 14 or 13 i think. 'Classic teenager wanna be cool' behaviour. But i never stopped smoking until i had my 18. Then i was trapped like you, it was my decission to quit it but my urges were very high, i was every day anxious.

So i made a deal with my anxiety, every time that i wanted to smoke a cigar so bad, i'll just eat some candies.

I don't smoke anymore, and i have so much sugar in my body.

Thank you MAVC!

gambatte-ne-1.jpg

AND Lousiest, while I appreciate what this means, the fact that it took me 35mins with Google Translate, to where I finally just googled it to find out what it means, LOL Thank you for not giving me something that would aggravate me in a time where the slightest thing would set me off like Google Translate having no CLUE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT GOOGLE HAD THE ANSWER !#@4@)$()@*($@)$()*@*$#)(%&(@*&%($! LOL Anyway Thank YOU!

• Like 1

(edited)

I smoked for a couple of years back in college, then I watched both my grandparents and a couple of great aunts and uncles leave this world because of smoking their entire life. I would rather go ahead, die in a fire and get it over with. Their lungs eventually end up barely working and oxygen doesn't get to their entire body. Their organs just start slowly failing because of lack of oxygen. Their skin even starts dying before they eventually suffocate. That was enough to make me quit.

About every three or four months I'll have too much to drink and I end up smoking a couple of cigs with friends. I wake up in the morning with my nose all stopped up and my throat will be swollen and sore. On top of that, I've already associated the smell of cigs with the horrible hangovers I had in college.. I almost want to puke when I walk by the smokers area on my way into work.

Some short term pain for long term gain is definitely worth it. GLHF!

Edited by NOFX

i quit on and off, and the best way to do it is just constantly force it out of your mind

think of something else immediately.

if you do it habitually (ie: i smoke while walking to work or between classes) do something to take your mind off of it... play with a ball or read a book

I know people who quit smoking by buying the low or literally "garbage" of cigarettes and then combine/mix them together. I also knew a guy who soakes his cigarettes into milk, dry them and then try to smoke them. It's very bad smell and taste.

i use to smoke back in high school for 3 years, quit one day because I didnt feel like it. I smoked a pack a week. Best thing to do is to replace it with another hobby, maybe not as addicting as MMOs, cause I think thats what I started to play more when I stopped. Try to find something you enjoy it, and when you get the urges just keep doing that one thing you like over and over. Its that Nicotine that makes you have those withdraws and if you give in, youre probably never gonna give up on anything addictive.

Also try to make the hobby something that keeps your mind occupied, so you can easily ignore it.

EDIT: Also

play with a ball

Giggity

Edited by ValenAlvern

GC Server Admin

Got this tip from the great man himself, John Cleese himself: made me give up for a few years.

Fill a pint glass half of water and extinguish any cigarettes in there and leave them to mount up. Cover with a beer mat and everytime you crave for the cancer stick, just pop your nose in and have a smell. Guaranteed it will make you not want to smoke.

Must give up myself.

My uncle has been a chain smoker for nearly 40yrs, smoking on average 80 cigarettes a day. Few years back, his wife said that she was going to put the same amount of money away he spends on cigarettes for a year. After the year was over, she took herself and a friend on a 3month world cruise.

I quit about 4 years ago, cold turkey.....the best way to go, it will suck for a few days, then mildly suck for a few weeks, then it's over. Don't stretch it out for months having to ween off of gums and patches, just set your mind to it, realize that you are strong enough to accomplish it, and do it!

Good luck! :D