Finally got my first bike. Took a while but...

ZeroDamage

Here it is: http://i.imgur.com/VbxWiub.jpg

That is an HDR picture. Not the sports bike in the background.

For reference, it is a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard S50. Has 6600 miles on it (got it used) and it came with the leather bags and windshield. Will need tires at the end of the riding season (screw you if you live in Texas, California, Florida, etc).

I got the bike for 3k so it is a steal as far as I am concerned. I will have it for riding this Tuesday. They have to deliver because it wasn't ready to take off the lot after my test ride.

• Like 2

Woowoowoo, I'm so jelly! Nice looking one! Be careful.

I was talking to my father if he is fine if I buy a motorcycle... Nope :(

Tell him you are going to do it whether he allow you to get one now or you get one when you move out. And that it is better that you get one now so you can learn and be safe under his guidance.

Tell him you are going to do it whether he allow you to get one now or you get one when you move out. And that it is better that you get one now so you can learn and be safe under his guidance.

Heh, I left parents house 6 years ago. :)

I live on on my own, but I always talk about important things with them. You know, life experience of theirs and such.

However, I'll buy a bike whether they agree or not. :) don't know when yet.

I live on on my own, but I always talk about important things with them. You know, life experience of theirs and such.

If you haven't already done so, take the MSF class. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation class will typically net you your endorsement and you will get a discount on your insurance. Most importantly, you learn some valuable stuff in the class. Check with your local dealers and see which ones host the classes. They are about $150 or so for the class.

• Like 1

I'm kind of in the same boat. My grandfather's brother or cousin (I forget which) and a friend were in a motorcycle accident. The friend was killed and the brother or cousin was seriously wounded, but survived. Even though that happened like, 60+ years ago I have all the respect in the world for my Grandfather and will respect his wishes and not get a motorcycle.

Maybe in 10-20 years when I'm old and have nothing left to live for. :)

Sucks, but atleast you'll still have that great feeling of looking forward to something thats going to epic, like the feeling of waiting for christmas or your birthday.

Also where'd you get it at? a used dealership or from someone just selling it?

Sucks, but atleast you'll still have that great feeling of looking forward to something thats going to epic, like the feeling of waiting for christmas or your birthday.

Also where'd you get it at? a used dealership or from someone just selling it?

Dealership across the border in West Virginia. About an hour drive away.

Went on my first solo ride with the bike on Saturday. Been kind of chilly / cold here since we got that rain on Friday. The bike may need to go back in to be looked at; it does have a 30-day warranty. It vibrates more than a twin 800cc should vibrate. I also think one of the brakes may be sticking due to the squeaking when I take off after a stop.

But how is a feeling of the first ride?

It was quite nerve racking at the very beginning. Never been on the open road until then. I drove around the block a few times and stayed on the side roads with little traffic. It was also still early in the morning on Saturday and most everyone was still in bed. Once I got a feel for the controls and foot placement, I ventured into town and to the bike shop and the like. Then after I got my mirrors adjusted (I could not see jack at first) I took it out on the highway where the speed limit is 55. I took it up to 60-65 on a stretch and went about 10 miles before turning back. It was quite cold and I was near my limit.

The initial open road ride is a little scary until you get out there and do it. I am a super cautious person and riding a motorcycle is counter to my personality so once I got past that it’s all I wanted to do. If only this cold snap hadn’t come out of nowhere. WTH