Finally got my first bike. Took a while but...

ZeroDamage

yea dude.. even if it's slightly cool you need gear. Its the wind more than anything. If you don't have any bike gear, just a jacket, any kind of gloves are better than none and boots will work. So why do you feel like it's vibrating more than it should? Once you get used to it, it will feel as natural as walking.

I'm a noob in bikes, so yeah i didn't think about proper gears (thought you have it). Riders' gear is so expensive.

So why do you feel like it's vibrating more than it should? Once you get used to it, it will feel as natural as walking.
better safe than sorry.

(edited)

It's been in the 30s the last few days early when I wake up. Stays chilly most of the day. If it was 50~ when getting up, I would ride into work. Lots of rain tomorrow so no riding into work no matter what.

yea dude.. even if it's slightly cool you need gear. Its the wind more than anything. If you don't have any bike gear, just a jacket, any kind of gloves are better than none and boots will work. So why do you feel like it's vibrating more than it should? Once you get used to it, it will feel as natural as walking.

I got everything I need I think. I would like a jacket that is better suited for group rides but I can live with what I have. I have a full face modular helmet (I can open the face portion up to make it open face). I have a high visibility jacket with the liner for warmth and water resistance. It also has arm, shoulder, and back armor but it still comfortable to wear. I have the warm weather gloves with knuckle armor (protect against rocks and projectiles. That poop would hurt hitting your knuckles 60+ mph). I got the no-slick boots so I do not slip when putting my feet down at a light and having the bike fall on me. And I got some mesh pants that go over your current pants with knee armor and plenty of ventilation for summer commuting.

I will get more stuff as time goes by. Would really like a simple leather jacket for the upcoming group rides. As for the vibrating, I will have to wait and see if it just me adjusting or if it is normal. The squeaking though is not normal.

Edited by ZeroDamage

I'm betting the vibrations are normal. You should feel/see the vibrations from a Harley 88 or 96 cu in v-twin. Makes your arm hair all tingly when you get off. It's most noticeable when you're stopped, and you get used to it pretty quickly.

Ride safe! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Replaced my seat this past weekend. The stock seat was killing me; my tailbone was hurting bad after about 30 minutes and my right hand would be tingly and my right thumb would go numb. Probably a pinched nerve in my tailbone.

Got a Mustang seat with some arch support and the passenger seat is more comfortable by default. I also had to get my state inspection so I got that done all in one go. Now I want to replace the pipes to add some sound.

I put Vance and Hines on the 800cc Suzuki Marauder that I had and it sounded killer. I can't explain it, but it makes the bike much more fun to ride. I think I got them online for about $300-350 and put them on myself. It was pretty easy.

I'm actually going down to get my bike out of storage this weekend. I'm thinking about taking a long trip on it this summer. The longest ride was 300 miles in one day and I had to stop about every hour or so because my arse was killing me. So I'm also looking into something to make the seat more comfortable. I have an older therma-rest camping pad that I may hack up for a DIY job.

Oh and mice decided to take over my bike in the last month. No major damage. I had to clean out the air box really well and I blew one nest out of my exhaust and it smells horrible.