Screenshot extravaganza

TheDude

About killing: Minecraft is NOT a FPS game. If we kill each other it's ONLY by Mutual assent, for instance, we fight at the arena. When one of participants asks for a break another one(s) should stop.

About pranks: There is nothing wrong with pranks, unless they cause irreplaceable damage, for instance, loss of all belongings. Landscape is replaceable. No need to rage about pranks, just politely ask to reimburse damaged or lost.

About whitelisting and shutting down GriefPrevention: I'm against the idea of whitelisting. We are open community, anyone can join the server, and thats where GreifPrevention is very useful. Even though, we dump GriefPrevention and whitelist the server, where is guarantee that we won't have problems with a GC member?

Oh not you dude. Crash and i dont remember who killed me like 10 times

This would be an example of crossing the line.

As for whitelisting the server... i dunno. Can't say i'm a big fan. It's nice to see new people like Creeper and Jake come in and make that big treehouse of theirs. I've had no problems with the claim system so far. It's useful as to decide who gets which spot first. I'm afraid there will be fights about who got to a village first then.

The game would be simpler without having to deal with claims. Many things do not work when cross claim borders, eg flowing water/lava, pistons moving blocks, etc. Also, things I'd want to be publicly accessible (placing/breaking minecarts), cannot be done without giving full build access in a claim. I'm also not really a fan of creepers doing absolutely nothing inside of claims. TNT being unusable inside of claims is quite annoying.

I understand why the mod functions the way it does, as it aims to automatically prevent all griefing--I just don't like how many small obstacles it creates for normal gameplay.

We're getting off-topic here, maybe we need a separate thread.

If you did this, my house would burn down and I would cry.

On another note I enjoy the claims system very much. Though I understand some of the problems you are expressing, I still think it's amazing. We wouldn't have new people joining with us who may just want a nice server to play on like creeper and skele. Plus my house would burn down lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Biggs, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was creepers had no effect on the overworld?

Biggs is unavailable at the moment, but I can help...The overworld is not just the surface world, but also inside caves and in the water. Basically the only places not considered the overworld are the Nether and the End. The overworld is the only place creepers spawn, therefore yes, everything in the overworld is affected by creepers.

GC Alumni
(edited)

Biggs, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was creepers had no effect on the overworld?

Biggs is unavailable at the moment, but I can help...The overworld is not just the surface world, but also inside caves and in the water. Basically the only places not considered the overworld are the Nether and the End. The overworld is the only place creepers spawn, therefore yes, everything in the overworld is affected by creepers.

Sorry, busy week for me.

Actually, GriefPrevention has a Y value I can set as 'sea level', and it's configured so nothing above sea level is affected by creepers. Not sure how this works in the Nether or the End, but it IS possible to get creepers in those places (via portals).

The configs show this as -1... but I tested it and creepers will destroy blocks below Y~=60

Edited by Biggs

You can't spawn ender dragons in the overworld, however i can start working on a Wither pet for you.

Idc ! I will have my dragons !!!

I.... I'm inclined to believe her. Too much confidence/conviction.

• Like 1

(edited)

Should have seen tsunami yesterday....i hid her dogs, 3 floors underneath the dog house she built, and covered it up with dirt....she opened the door and yelled

3u7gjx.jpg

P.S. Good thing her sound was turned off or she would have heard them growling lol

Edited by Avengers
  • Like 2

You can't spawn ender dragons in the overworld, however i can start working on a Wither pet for you.

Come with us to the house of the Undying princess (aka Mad's place)

(edited)

Am I invited to this party???

Edited by Avengers

No ! You deserve to be executed !

No ! You deserve to be executed !

Well, that escalated quickly...

• Like 1