So long..

paroxysm

Hey guys,

Your lord and master here( kiddin' )

Anyway, so I was banned from the server for pushing a bot AI over the ledge on the first level of rage harvest. It's been like 5 days and the ban is still in effect so I'm going to assume it's permanent.

So, I'm going to take a break from the server and left 4 dead 2 for quite a while, not because of the ban but because I've been losing interest in the game(the ban was a good motivation), not sure when I'll return so don't keep your hopes up(or keep them up LOL ). I got important events coming up so I need to set this time sink aside(uninstalling l4d2 so I don't get tempted haha ).

Thanks for the good times, I enjoyed myself and I hope you guys enjoyed playing with me as much as I did with you guys.

Take it easy folks :wavey:

I wasn't there when this happend, but in all honesty, I can't understand why Paroxysm got banned in the first place. From the link crasx posted, I can't see any violation of the rules from Paroxysm.

You can't respect a bot, since it is an AI.

He did not rush.

He did not commit suicide

He did not grief

He did not stack teams

The bot picked the bot up, Paroxysm did not do any point farming.

Next, it's Blood Harvest, first map. Most times the game is over for most of the bots right at the beginning 10 seconds in, when a smoker-charger combo is ready to go.

In my opinion this all comes down to the "I'm the admin OBEY ME" rule.

Just my few cents...

In my opinion this all comes down to the "I'm the admin OBEY ME" rule.

To me your comment comes down to I'm a member, I feel entitled because I paid money to reserve a spot instead of viewing it as joining a community.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 2

He did not grief
Anyway, so I was banned from the server for pushing a bot AI over the ledge on the first level of rage harvest.

Its unknown to people who werent on the server at the time and are unable to few admin forums, if the bot died. Judging that he was banned, it probably did die. This is griefing, if a player where to join and got the bot that had died, it would pretty boring to watch a 15minute game of a single map to not be able to play it. This prohibits another player from playing, inhibits the team of a "fair" game (The other team would have all their players). Just because an Admin could have resurrected bots/players does not entitle you to do whatever you want with it/them and would make rules on the server pointless.

Edited by ValenAlvern
  • Like 1

enjoy your time off paro. honestly when i played with you i always had a blast so you were already missed considering i havent touched GC for a while. good luck with whatever you have coming up. come back once in a while so u can tell us whats up.

<3

Yuri

I see now why the server has been soo dead. Why are we pushing good players like Paro away? 99.9% of the time, he follows the rules. So he changes it up and the ban is instant? WOW! All this is doing is pushing players away.

I see now why the server has been soo dead. Why are we pushing good players like Paro away? 99.9% of the time, he follows the rules. So he changes it up and the ban is instant? WOW! All this is doing is pushing players away.

So many Negative Nancies... Turbo you know I like you man but you gotta stop looking at everything like the "man" is trying to hold you down... its just a game and even Paro gets that, save your fight for the government. Not everyone is out to ruin everyone else's day and not everyone is going to see things the same all the time.

I've seen a ton of times with certain regulars where they break rules right when they're going to leave the server for the night then whine about how they were unrightfully banned. Like suiciding or attempting to suicide but failing, being an outright donkey, or what have you.

Seriously, if you want to be an donkey, do it in a random 4v4...on second thought, don't do it at all.