Regarding the Weapons

JackieChan

First off, yes, I do plan on buffing the AK47 so it doesn't have as much vertical punch/spread.

Second, what would you guys think of more...realistic guns? For instance damage drop off (meaning the further away the target is, the less damage you do to them), more realistic magazine capacities, and a slightly bigger spread for some of the guns?

I figure I should inquire with the general public first before doing something like this.

Neat idea, but go magazine, kick and accuracy. Don't go damage decrease on distance, i really dislike that one for some reason and it's why nobody used the AK anymore. The kick was fine, the damage drop not so much.

Btw you changed the kick on the AK right Jackie? Either that or my hands are getting steadier by the day

GC Alumni

If you do damage drop on distance, I don't think snipers should be effected if possible.

I never planned on them being affected by distance.

For one though, no weapon would have a magazine size larger than 30 rounds.

• Like 1

If you're going to nerf weapons based on distance, and *not* nerf the sniper, why bother? 99% of the distance shots are with snipers anyway, unless it's at the very beginning of the level, before tier 2s are bought/found. If you really want to impact gameplay, you've gotta include snipers.

• Like 1

damage drop off on ak makes it trash, i think we would handle the recoil if it actually killed things faster at long range faster than a silenced smg. adding a small amount of kick for tier 2's depending on gun, say a good amount for awp and mil sniper, but less for scar and somewhere inbetween for m16 would be pretty cool and make the game a bit harder and smokers less useless

for mag size that would absolutely kill the scar if you reduced that because of its godawful reload time

Edited by swatfishy
  • Like 1

GC Alumni
(edited)

if you want to make the guns more realistic we should do research on what the real life versions of the gun would do

ie:

ak47: 400m, typically 30 rounds

fn scar: 800m, 20 rounds.

realistically a couple hits from any semi auto gun would kill you depending on where you are hit.

this actually really interests me

awp: 5 rounds, 1100m

SG 552 Commando: 30 rounds, 100-400m

scout: 10 rounds, 300-400m

mp5: 15,30,32 rounds, 70-100m

m60: 20-30 rounds , 550-800m

sniper:- MSG90 10,15,20 rounds, 800m

smg/uzi- 10,16,25,32,40,50 rounds, 200m

hunting rifle- ruger mini-14: 5, 10, 20, 30 rounds, 100m

combat shotty/ spas-12: 9 rounds, idk range

the fbi is going to show up at my door for looking at all these guns

Edited by crasx
  • Like 1

I don't like weapon spread. I like the bullets to go where I point otherwise it's just spray and pray and noone is rewarded for having good aim.

I do like the idea of smaller magazine sizes though. It would also be a minor nerf to explosive rounds because you wouldn't get as many of them.

• Like 1

(edited)

Acctually i feel the ak-47 could do with a bit less spread recently it just seems like a gun a would leave on the floor and would take an uzi insead

Edited by Static

I don't like weapon spread.

Thats what happens when you put guns in a multiplayer setting, I still tink CS has some ungoldy spread when watching gun videos. Shotguns normally have a tighter cone shape and not this pyriamid of giza style of spread.

Just a thought what if you could by upgrades for the guns after your done. Like lager mag or increased fire rate etc.... Would really be cool if you could buy a upgrade to have 2 main weapons.

i hate spread, it makes no sense. Is there spread on real guns? I don't think so, unless it's a shotgun.

The bullets go where you point the gun.

It makes so much more sense to have kick because you can at least the see where your bullets are going. And it's much more realistic, has anyone ever fired an AK? closest I've come is a shotgun, but I imagine keeping that thing under control is not an easy task.

like seriously? Ain't no way you're gunna be running around blasting zombies with an ak with no kick

I have legal versions of the AK47 and AR15. I don't find they kick all that much. I also don't really see why a gun in the game would do less damage at longer range (I real life if I hit something at 10 yards or 300 yards, with a rifle, the damage is the same). But...it is a game, and obviously we need to have pros and cons for different types of weapons. Also, in the game we are surrounded by "zombies", not sitting in a chair at a gun range, so aiming should be more difficult than real life.