Star Trek into darkness mystery

Fenix

So are there any trekkies out there that can explain this??

star-trek-into-darkness-imax-poster.jpg

Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-huge-reveal.jpg

What class ship is that?!?! The Enterprise is the little one. Is this a new JJ twist or time-altered ship? I've been reading that a lot of people believe it's an excelsior class, or the new secret Dreadnaught class (due the the new timeline and impending war with the klingons). What do you guys think?

Nothing is really known right now. They are calling it the "Dark Enterprise" online. Still no word as to what class or its purpose in the movie. Speculation is that it is a warship that that federation has been building in secret that falls into the hands of Benedict Cumbercatch's character during the movie. It has a cut out in the center of the saucer section and from other images online it is armored, has multiple photon torpedo tubes and phasers all over the place. I hope it isn't another "mirror universe" thing. We're already in an alternate timeline from the events of the first movie so I don't think it will be that. I'm thinking more like the secret Section 8 (or was it 10?) A covert branch of the Federation charged with protecting Federations "interests" with any means needed.

I'm hoping that the movie is playing along the lines of the genetically enhanced humans story that ultimately lead to the Kahn story in the original Trek. From all the previews and trailers thats what makes the most sence to me anyways. Still, perhaps JJ came up with something new that will surprise us all.

S.

I'm thinking more like the secret Section 8 (or was it 10?) A covert branch of the Federation charged with protecting Federations "interests" with any means needed.

Section 31

• Like 1

Honest Trailers are good, but I prefer all the "Everything Wrong with _______________" videos. Like the one for Star Trek.

Enjoy.

Edited by LiMiT
  • Like 1

I saw it... and it was good! If you don't want spoilers don't read this thread.

*******SPOILERS AHEAD (don't click "show" if you don't wanna see)********

SOMEONE (not saying who...actually it was me) has figured it all out and mentioned it on here. But after doing a lot of research on this movie and stuff, I kinda spoiled the movie for myself. Although there is one thing that most people predicted might be in this movie, but no one was sure of...then the rumor died. Sure enough the original rumor of this movie was true.

khan.jpg

I still think the beginning of the first Star Trek by JJ was the best, as it almost brought tears to my eyes on how James T. Kirk was born in that timeline.

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing else said about that other than it's a Federation battle cruiser that requires very little crew and has a scalable warp drive while the Enterprise is a exploration science vessel with only warp one available to it. One of the coolest scenes in the movie by far is when that thing blows the Enterprise out of it's warp. JJ has an infinite source of CGI's and bless his heart he will blow every single one up before the end of the movie. I was kind of hoping for re-imagination of the Reliant but that battle cruiser was awesome as well. I hear rumours that JJ wanted to spawn a TV story with the 5 year mission but got shot down due to the fact that they can make more money of the franchise keeping it in theatres apparently.

Edited by TheHairyHungarian