de_canyon_rc4 Latest and greatest DL

This is not the final product just want to see what you think of it so far Turnbull and others feel free to give opinions, I am no artist just want a minimap. I will refine the background

1gje6u.jpg

mmbig2.jpg

Edited by MaRvIn

also would like to say to anyone who was expierencing choppyness I didn't realize I left my compile on fast and fast for lighting and vis-porting thats a cheap way to compile for quickness. I ran a full compile which will help out some . I've also gotta go tie some entities off as details / so they won't take up so much space. Optimization is in the future.

(edited)

This is not the final product just want to see what you think of it so far Turnbull and others feel free to give opinions, I am no artist just want a minimap. I will refine the background

1gje6u.jpg

mmbig2.jpg

Marvin the only problem I see is that you "white-ed" out the part at site A where T's come down the ramp into the stream right below the boat / beside the tower Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

ok so now all I'd have to do is change the name of these files to reflect the current name of the map/ which will be ok since there will be no major layout changes from here on out.

I have gotten it to work, just add these files to the stuff and there will be a minimap. Its pretty basic but gets the job done.

btw what was wrong? The only thing I can think of is something wrong with the coordinates

ok so now all I'd have to do is change the name of these files to reflect the current name of the map/ which will be ok since there will be no major layout changes from here on out.

I have gotten it to work, just add these files to the stuff and there will be a minimap. Its pretty basic but gets the job done.

btw what was wrong? The only thing I can think of is something wrong with the coordinates

Looks really good MaRvIn the copy I have here at work is de_canyon_rc2 I changed names on files to that and worked great. I'm going to optimize the map a bit more and use this file. I'll figure out packrat and have it ready for the next DL hopefully for the final version.

(edited)

Alrighty then that was it. I know it was bothering you! Once I get the map finalized and packed I will make sure you get credit on game banana and the work shop :)

ps good job taking that orange blob off beside Site B I forgot to nodraw.text that space. Latest version has it drawn with the nodraw.texture

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR