Suiciding as a tactic

Static

I notice that when a boomer gets popped next to a charged survivor the charger will get knocked off and his charge circle will be full again and considering when you suicide a boomer it pops i reckon you can ghost jump in and suicide next to a charge and he can chain charge his own charge lol this also works well with hunter as they can repeat jump on their victim for more points. Boomers would also be useful when they jump into a crowd and boom and then suicide rather than they survivors popping you and kicking you around so the un-boomed can get enough distance

When you are a spitter and you have just spit on an incapp it can be frustrating when it's in the interest of the team to spit and die as you go over the incapped guys body and he kill you which of course puts more spit on him but gives him points and they may be the points he needs to full heal, however if you suicide through the buy menu over his body he only gets assist points as he probably will have shot you a couple of times on your way over to him.

It is also important to kill yourself when you have missed a charge and they are shooting you from behind unless you want to hide and full heal and re-spawn as ghost.

If their are any more benefits or tricks with this please let me know.

Also I feel suiciding should cost 1 point. + sorry for misspelling suiciding so many times

Hm...maybe not costing 1 point but, let's say, you have to wait 2 sec or 3 to "buy" suicide for charger OR more often you buy suicide, longer you have to wait to buy suicide again, which would speed up the suicidal stuff.

i also feel their should be the option to suicide whilst your attacking someone for instance if a guy is being smoked but for tactical reasons you want to keep them in-capped and not kill them but atm you cant,

i also feel their should be the option to suicide whilst your attacking someone for instance if a guy is being smoked but for tactical reasons you want to keep them in-capped and not kill them but atm you cant,

That was taken out because of the charger exploit (buying suicide from charging in heights). Changing the suicide from zero to 1 is pointless...hehe...Reason being is that suicide puts you at a disadvantage of waiting another 20-30 seconds to respawn. With the current decimal/percentage damage base done, survivors will still get points even if they don't land the kill on you.

Buy suicide depending on the situation:

- If you're in the back and miss your attack, run further back to respawn immediately with your new choice of infected AND FULL LIFE.

- Those times when your attack done it's job, stick around to do a few melee. Buying suicide immediately means no distraction for the survivors and you might just have miss the opportunity to claw that incap which we all know every second counts.

• Like 1

(edited)

I've already tried to suicide boom....I was successful landing between a ton of people...but when I bought the suicide, nothing happened, no one was boomed even though I exploded. I believe the same thing happens with spitter too....no spit is left behind under your corpse if you suicide.

Only the charger suicide is the one that works, but there was a thread about this a while ago, and it's bannable.

Edited by Fenix

What was the intended use of the sucide menu option? It's cool how inventive you guys are with what's given to you... but to me this seems like an exploit of the !buy system.

In my opinion I think it was meant for those who missed their target or spit from a far distance and miss. This way they can suicide instead of running all the way to the survivors to die because while they're alive they are holding those SI. There used to be enable Ghost Form (I think it's still on the menu but still disabled) that could eliminate this issue? Not sure why it's still disabled, but I figured it may come in handy but could still work the same as a suicide if ppl exploit it like you can with suicides. Maybe Jackie can code it so that you can only use it when not attacking (ie not in the middle of a charge or a "launch")

What was the intended use of the sucide menu option? It's cool how inventive you guys are with what's given to you... but to me this seems like an exploit of the !buy system.

from the one tournament game that was played it was used for point denial. it pretty much only works if your whole team does it (and does it well)

for example if you miss your pounce in the middle of a group of good players, theres like a 1% chance you can make it out alive to pounce again so you might as well suicide and deny them the point

for example if you miss your pounce in the middle of a group of good players, theres like a 1% chance you can make it out alive to pounce again so you might as well suicide and deny them the point

I do this all the time with my chargers and hunters... since I fail so often.

• Like 1

Enable ghost mode is an automatic tool that engages when you are a particular distance from the survivors. (And by automatic I mean a "press E" to do this shows up).

no you used to be able to buy/go into ghost mode from the buy menu for free

its really overpowered if used correctly

Yeah, when I first added it, it was an instant reghost. I added a 3 second timer to it and I use it sometimes (because I coded it so only I can use it when it's disabled) and it can be easily taken advantage of because you can chain Spitters like nobody's business.

Also, the effects of a Boomer (stumbles, biling survivors) can only be triggered when it is killed by another player. Valve patched the whole "suiciding as a Boomer to boom Survivors" back in L4D1. The Spitter however can still have a puddle of spit appear if they suicide.

I have suicide bound to my middle mouse button and I use it all the time.

It is unfortunate that the fix for the charger exploit makes it so you can't suicide while pinning someone as a hunter or smoker but I think you could probably exploit as a smoker too with certain spots.

I try to suicide when I make a mistake, like spawn a boomer without rocketing, miss a charge and not have a good opportunity to get damage punching, etc. Obviously this is a rare situation, since mistakes are so infrequent in my level of play (I might change my name to Swatfishy x 3). Suicide is extremely important on certain maps like the second level of Sacrifice, where death charges are so important. People need to suicide there so others can get new chargers.

• Like 1