Prayer request for my little girl...

She is having surgery in the morning to repair a tear/hole in her eardrums. I don't know why I having posted this here earlier. I guess I use the GC forums and game as too much of an escape from life. *Reminder to keep God in everything.

Anyways I'm anxious about the surgery but excited by the fact that it could help her hearing and pronunciation. Her talking is not where it should be and Dr's think its because of the hole that was made by 2 sets of tubes she's had in her ears. Tubes always cause holes but they usually heal on their own. Hers however did not.

Her name is Lillian (Lilly) and she is 4. Thanks for reading and a good day to you all.

466.JPG

453.JPG

• Like 2

So far so good. Nurse scared the crap outta us. After the surgery there are two phases of recovery. 1st phase is getting woke up/. She took a really long time to wake up. Like an hour. So were sitting there on pins and needles nurse comes out calling for her family ( we were right by the door) My wife and I stood up and the nurse said " no not yet please sit down" (at this point I'm like whats wrong in my mind) then she adds Everything is fine she's just not woken up yet. ......... I'm like jeez lady start out with the everything is ok part first before you tell someone to sit down. (whats wrong with this woman) Anyways so far so good like I said above, though when my daughter got home and the pain meds wore off we had a sore time about it all. Much crying and my daughters pretty good about taking medicine but this stuff is pretty awful and in typical youngster fashion she keeps trying to rip her head-wrap bandages off.

Thanks all for the prayers or well wishes. I just hope it was all worth it. Improved hearing and all.

• Like 1

I just hope it was all worth it

Sometimes you have to roll the dice, attempting to better the life of your child seems to be a perfect time to roll them.

Hope her recovery is quick and smooth.

thanks, and that's why we decided to go through with it. If it had been myself @ 30 I woulda put this off. I don't like seeing her in pain and least of all but still of some importance it puts a sqeeze on the bank account. My insurance has 1000 deductable and pays 80% of everything else. 80% is nice I guess sounds nice but boy 20% of a lot of bills today is pretty large :icon20:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...