New Plugin Idea

JackieChan

So, I was thinking one day of new things to try for the server.

Remember this plugin?

How about combining that idea with the buy plugin?

Instead of choosing your class or whatever, you have to buy class traits. For instance, as usual, everyone would start off with med kits once the round starts, but they cannot buy kits anymore until they buy the medic trait.

Ammo drops? Buy the support trait.

Infected tagging with weapons? Buy the sniper trait.

Want your precious AK47? Buy the assault trait.

You wouldn't be restricted by one class trait either. You can buy all 4 if you wanted to, however, they get more expensive the more you buy.

Of course there would be other additions like even infected skills. For instance, buying a Boomer skill would allow a chance to instantly incap a Survivor when you boom on them...if infections wasn't enough, amirite?

Let me know what you guys think. I've been trying to think of new stuff to add, and this would not be a permanent thing on the current 10v10. If anything, it would appear on a second 10v10 leaving the first 10v10 with the standard buy plugin.

• Like 2

Also, throwing this idea in the mix as well, but it is not related to the class idea:

This would involve reworking the Infected Buy Menu. It would separate them into Spawns and Upgrades. Spawns would be spawn limit increases, Tanks, Hordes, and Witches.

Upgrades would be some of the stuff that's in the menu already, but also Tank Limit increase (this would involve lowering the max amount of tanks to 2), unnannounce Tank purchases and the "Tanks Alive" to all players, but have them appear for infected players only, or this evil idea I just thought up which would involve the Infected Players "tampering" with med kits. What that means is that once a heal has been done, it might backfire...like turning the healed player black and white, thus having to be healed again.

what will happen to gameplay when the server is partially filled? will bots be medics, support etc?

Bots wouldn't be affected by the classes, meaning they wouldn't have any restrictions.

Upgrades would be some of the stuff that's in the menu already, but also Tank Limit increase (this would involve lowering the max amount of tanks to 2), unnannounce Tank purchases and the "Tanks Alive" to all players, but have them appear for infected players only, or this evil idea I just thought up which would involve the Infected Players "tampering" with med kits. What that means is that once a heal has been done, it might backfire...like turning the healed player black and white, thus having to be healed again.

That would be funny! I like the ideas, especially if we were able to keep the current server as well

Uber Boomer--drops 4 witches on the ground when you pop: 100 pts

Make it happen!

Drop em in the safe room, so that they don't spawn randomly on roofs/behind barriers/etc.

Random Boomer infections (1 out of every 100 infections) insta-kills a Survivor (like a witch attack on Expert).

One out of every 10,000 booms... that sounds low. 1 out of every 10 infections then. If you get infected, 10% chance of death!

Meh. A 1% chance for an extra 2 points, and a survivor that needs healed straight away. Very situational - if a Survivor happens to be near incap'd, it's pretty evil. If he's infected right out of the safe room, it's pretty negligible.

Lord knows the Survivors don't need anything else hindering them, huh? ;)

how about dropping infected player's health below 20 hp ( if it's not already lower before the infection ) ?

so that he would die from 2-3 charger punches rather than 8 ( if he had 80 health for example ).

Or, his disease would come back randomly - like every 2-3 minutes roll a chance for previously infected to get infected again :)

I was playing in another server one day and they had this option where you can spawn diffrent kinds of hoards and I was thinking if you could add a Jimmy gibs JR hoard spawn option, and here is two reasons why:

1. They block your vision ( like the mudmen) because Jimmy is coverd in oil.

2. and they are is immue to fire, so fireworks wont work agaisnt these hoards

Edited by JKap

I am very strongly against this. I've played on those servers too and those hordes were sooooo overpowered. It's not like mudmen, mudmen are more durable and there's just two or three of them in an entire hoard, and they are already so annoying.

Buying a horde of Jimmies is like a horde consisting entirely of mudmen, not just two or three. Making a horde fire-resistant, i can manage. But making them fire-resistant, more durable and blinding you is just too much. In a similar way i don't like the idea of hordes of guys in a biohazard suit. They're not just fireproof, they are also way more durable than normal zombies.