Radar/Overview de_stadium_b3b

MaRvIn

GC Alumni
(edited)

You guys should make a map which can replace freaking dust2.

Nice job.

I think mappers have been trying that for years :) It will be hard to knock down the "gold standard" of competitive maps. I don't possess the finesse or patience to make truly spectacular looking maps. My routing on some maps have been hit or miss. I'd say my biggest strength in mapping is the concepts and ideas. Putting them together with looks and competitive play is another matter all together.

In Source when I made de_canyon it got a ton of looks from the mapping community and DL's from map websites because the concept and layout were pretty unique compared to most maps.

The version that I failed on in GO would have been a rather spectacular map imo compared to some of my other works. The version I released is ok. I like it, but its not what it could have been. Monastery is ok, a little crowded and its a maze. Fun but not truly competitive. That map I made called de_raze falls into the same category as monastery(and it has some FPS drops ). De_ Seventowers I like but the B-site T rush is just way to strong. QLW and QLJungleWar were made just as quick little maps for fun. I don't think I hit a homerun with de_stadium but I think it will be fun and hopefully could find a niche on some servers outside of SNC's on GC. TIme will tell I guess.

Maps currently on the server

de_utilitygo_beta ( fps wise not bad could be better)

de_monastery_b something (same as above but its a port and there are errors)

de_quick_little_war ( fps good)

de_quick_little_junglewar (fps kinda sketchy in some places)

de_raze_b1 (fps drops)

de_seventowers_b2 (not bad)

de_canyon ( really focused on optimizing)

de_stadium_b1 ( about to be _b4) (same as canyon)

Basically I didnt really go for optimization untill the last 2 maps

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR