Lets talk de_stadium Tactics

turnbullTeRRoR

It is a long held belief of mine that T's almost always win custom maps especially when they are newer customs. Whether its plain ole unbalanced mapping or CTS lack of knowledge it seems to always happen. If you ever notice when I play my own maps I always go CT side because I know it will be harder to hold when you dont know whats up. Here is a little break down , my take if you will of de_stadium.

FIrst of all naming the Routes T's take to the sites which is one thing that really hampers new maps not knowing whats what.(here is how I think of them or some suggestions

#1 is Stands to B or " RED" or Lightpoles

#2 is Corner to B / endzone to B or BLUE

#2 again you could say enzone to A or Ladders or Lower A maybe

#3 is upper A

Secondly is knowing the choke points / and suggested places to camp/hold

#4 A site- you should flash the end of the hall as soon as you get near it on a rush. Any T's dead rushing will be blinded/ though they can flash back into the same room.

#5 Endzone/ Ladders you can play someone here plenty of space to camp either side. ( not suggested to camp window from site T's have 2-3 angles to shoot you from. Though a active peeker could be useful up there and being its a pub I"m sure plenty will try.

#6 this is a little area outside of a rail car path where you can choke the T"s off. Anyone playing enzone will not be able to see T"s going to B so someone here is a good idea. Maybe more passively played though. like from the rail cars or just soutside of the "room" beside the plywood stack @ site B

#7 Site A- if you rush you can flame over the wood stack / formans hut and get up close to choke off the red rail car pathway. Other then that you can peek from formans trailer or on the CT spawn side of the plywood stack is a shooting lane all the way to the mouth of the rail car.

See second image for exact camping locations and Line of sights

yes I know this is ugly :) paint FTW!

StadiumTactics.png

camping.png

GC Alumni
(edited)

If I was a CT and I saw this happening I'd commit to counter rushing one way or the other.(assuming my team wasn't knuckle heads)

In this scenario its much like dust 2. Once mid goes down B site only has about 2 seconds of warning before T's are knocking on the door. So I'll counter you with that. Plus if you did have someone playing #5 they can rotate quickly. Also CT's can get up to the area between 2 and 6 before the T's get out. So it is possible to hold T's inside the lower hall. If you go CT-spawn to A and out window you can get into both rail cars before T's get out I do believe. I did not list them on the camping spots because I've not configured the nav file to make the bots use ladders so the bots never drop lower hall and I have no experience holding there.

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

5 v 5

I think ideally I would play it 2 upper A (#4)

1 at endzone (#5) I'd have him play the right side (on map) rail car where you can see through the gap to #6 and float back to cover ladders. Also this guy is in prime position to be the first responder on a rotate.

2 at Bsite (#7) but one playing for (#6) Passively