Regarding the new plugin idea

JackieChan

Huh?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This isn't regarding the class addition plugin, but more of the infected upgrades that was brought up by me in this post.

Adding these additions would change the Infected Menu to have your purchases be in sub menus. I know this is a drastic change, so I figure I would run it by you guys first before I would add these additions to the plugin itself.

PLEASE let me know what you guys think. I know you guys like the ideas, but it would ultimately change the layout of the infected menu. Small change on the outside, but it would change people's binds/way to buy things from the menu.

I want to get people's opinion of this before I add any new changes.

(edited)

you guys bind infected menu stuff besides stuff like heal and suicide? you have like 20 seconds of downtime to buy whatever

also there wont be any crap like jumping jockeys and moveable smokers, correct?

Edited by swatfishy

GC Alumni

So, so far, what was added was a Tank Limit increase (max is 3, starts at 2) for 25 points, Tank Buy Unannounce for 10 points, Tank Limit Unannounce for 20 points, and Booby Trapping Kits for 15 points (prices are subject to change). Booby Trapping Kits is a repeatable purchase which means that once the next kit to be used infects a Survivor, it has to be bought again. It works the same way as a Boomer infection so they can't buy a full heal once it happens to the infectee.

Yes, this will change how Infected players play more-so than Survivors, but we'll see how people can adapt to it.

All of it is already coded, but I want to make sure it works properly before it goes live on the server...probably don't expect it happening this week...or maybe at the end of the week, who knows...maybe even Friday since that's my day off from work.

• Like 2

GC Server Admin

CRAP?

You should try it you'll like it. Smokers arent that ez to kill and jockeys actaully do something. Make all the infected useful instead of just chargers and spitters.

If your a hunter ( great point getter but doesnt stop them)

I guess that would screw up all the ez kills survivors get.

CRAP?

You should try it you'll like it. Smokers arent that ez to kill and jockeys actaully do something. Make all the infected useful instead of just chargers and spitters.

If your a hunter ( great point getter but doesnt stop them)

I guess that would screw up all the ez kills survivors get.

I've try it and didn't like it. Ehrr... actually the jockey makes so much on a game when you know how to use it.

GC Alumni

Tank Limit Unannounce for 20 points

so survivors wont be able to see the tank limit or...?

Yes, that would mean Survivors would not be able to see who bought the Tank, and in this case, how many are alive.

So, so far, what was added was a Tank Limit increase (max is 3, starts at 2) for 25 points, Tank Buy Unannounce for 10 points, Tank Limit Unannounce for 20 points, and Booby Trapping Kits for 15 points (prices are subject to change).

Can anyone think of better names for those, haha.. it should perfectly describe what it does and fit in the menu (X characters long?).

Maybe..

Don't announce next tank bought

Don't show # tanks living

Infected medpack - Infect next survivor healed

I like all the ideas, finally something else for the infected to buy! By the way, will the 'Tank Buy Unannounce' prevent tank music from playing?

GC Alumni

So, so far, what was added was a Tank Limit increase (max is 3, starts at 2) for 25 points, Tank Buy Unannounce for 10 points, Tank Limit Unannounce for 20 points, and Booby Trapping Kits for 15 points (prices are subject to change).

Can anyone think of better names for those, haha.. it should perfectly describe what it does and fit in the menu (X characters long?).

They're going to be placeholder names until I think of better names for them.

I like all the ideas, finally something else for the infected to buy! By the way, will the 'Tank Buy Unannounce' prevent tank music from playing?

Nope. Not without disabling music entirely...and for everyone on the server.

(edited)

Yes, that would mean Survivors would not be able to see who bought the Tank, and in this case, how many are alive.

Tank Buy Unannounce for 10 points

what is that then, no admin message style thing of tank?

also the other one is expensive imo, for a relatively insignificant buff

Edited by swatfishy

GC Alumni

Tank Buy Unannounce is for when it says " has bought a Tank!"

Tank Limit Unannounce is for when it says "Tanks Alive x/3".

I hear people asking how many Tanks there are alive all the time. If they go in blind like that, it will only add to the confusion.

• Like 1

Tank Buy Unannounce is for when it says "<name> has bought a Tank!"

I hear people asking how many Tanks there are alive all the time. If they go in blind like that, it will only add to the confusion.

ahh i see. so are they stacked up in the buy menu like horde/ witch on respawn?

GC Alumni

Tank Buy Unannounce is for when it says " has bought a Tank!"

ahh i see. so are they stacked up in the buy menu like horde/ witch on respawn?

They're separate.

• Like 1

GC Alumni

Just an update:

Everything is coded. Biggs helped me test it out and everything seems to work. Just have to work out a few kinks here:

-If someone is healing themselves with a kit, it doesn't infect them. Once it's fixed, it WILL infect the player meaning that you can accidentally infect yourself.

-Bots healing other players can't infect someone with a kit. This will not be the case either. Bots can infect other players with infected kits.

-Announcements for who bought what as far as Tank Unannounces and infected kits go.

I'll fix it all tomorrow and maybe it'll go live for testing!