Regarding the new plugin idea

JackieChan

Huh?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love these ideas! I'm curious, a lot of ppl liked my idea of fireproof zombie hordes or buy a boom-all-survivors option. Any chance of implementing one of those? buying hordes is nearly pointless now unless over half the team is incapped...otherwise 1 box of fireworks negates 10 points spent on a horde.

Sounds like some good ideas. I too would really like fireproof zombies. Fireworks for 3 easily negates a horde that costs 10. Make purchased hordes be made up of those envirosuited zombies that can pass thru fire (if possible). Or maybe a boomer upgrade that will do that for all booms.

Tank unannounce is great for rocket spawn tanks but any other tank will be revealed in subtitles if the tank tries to spawn ahead or behind. Still it will give an advantage, a very powerful one, when used correctly.

Seeing how effective infected med kits are, they will certainly get a change. I'm thinking that if it gets bought, it has a 50-50 chance of it procing and regardless if it infects a Survivor or not, it will have to be repurchased. I'm thinking that this would be a decent compromise to how it is currently.

• Like 2

i would rather see med kits from gifts. Some times they are ok sometimes they infected.

You wouldnt know til you use it.

I also think the survivors should make it to the safe room with good team play

And one more thing

I need a spell checker heer !!!!

The Infected Med Kit is really annoying.. I was healed 4 consecutive times and was infected EVERY TIME. Granted i didn't need the heal but its a troll factor that needs to be eliminated. There shouldn't be a challenge that skill cant overcome. If every time you use a med kit your risking screwing over your teammates then they will become useless. You might as well tweak the plugin so it costs 15 for a kit instead of 8..

• Like 2

As survivors, a strategy I was using today was to communicate with the team and make sure when we healed, we had two people ready with medkits. Usually we could get the second one to heal the person before infected could buy a second infected medkit. I also sometimes would just be ready to immediately buy a second (or even third) medkit and the heal person a 2nd or 3rd time immediately. Infected was spending 20 points per infection, and we were spending way less on medkits. This kept them from getting as many tanks as they should have had. The downside though, when my team was mostly new players, it was just another thing that was confusing to them on the server, so it really hurts them. When the teams are stacked, the better team can use the medkit infection to kill the other team even faster than normal. I like the option of the infected medkits, but I think we need some changes. Some ideas we had: Have the cost go up each time they are bought (20 points is good for first 1, then maybe 25, then 30, etc)? Have a cooldown on it, so they can not be bought immediately after someone is infected? Have a way to get rid of the infection (maybe pills eliminate it)?

• Like 1

agreed on troll factor, not on making kits cost more because i thought kits costing less was to support teamwork and healing ur team, on that below.

IMO, kinda feel like infected medkits discourage people from healing each other because they could infect them. As it was before, healing each other as surv was always supported (else ur team yells at you lol) because it supports teamwork rather than just sharing pts and havin people heal themselves. Why not just share pts and have em full heal with no chance of infection or be selfish and keep all ur pts to urself so u can just buy full heal? At the same time, someone can easy troll a teammate surv by healing them knowing they'd be infected, which to me is close to griefing. If infected medkits are to stay, repeat buys and/or percentage of infection should be put into play, much like how boomer infections are not 100% of the time.

Edited by oakgyrl510
  • Like 2

It's a new challenge for the survivors. I say leave it for at least a week, maybe more. We may end up liking it.

This is exactly what happened with Cold Stream. Just because it's a campaign that poses a much bigger challenge for the survivors, it never gets played.

It's a new challenge for the survivors. I say leave it for at least a week, maybe more. We may end up liking it.

This is exactly what happened with Cold Stream. Just because it's a campaign that poses a much bigger challenge for the survivors, it never gets played.

then in the other thread u said this regarding new zombies thing

I am very strongly against this. I've played on those servers too and those hordes were sooooo overpowered. It's not like mudmen, mudmen are more durable and there's just two or three of them in an entire hoard, and they are already so annoying.

Buying a horde of Jimmies is like a horde consisting entirely of mudmen, not just two or three. Making a horde fire-resistant, i can manage. But making them fire-resistant, more durable and blinding you is just too much. In a similar way i don't like the idea of hordes of guys in a biohazard suit. They're not just fireproof, they are also way more durable than normal zombies.

is it not just like u say, a new challenge for survivors too? lol

Edited by oakgyrl510

then in the other thread u said this regarding new zombies thing

I am very strongly against this. I've played on those servers too and those hordes were sooooo overpowered. It's not like mudmen, mudmen are more durable and there's just two or three of them in an entire hoard, and they are already so annoying.

Buying a horde of Jimmies is like a horde consisting entirely of mudmen, not just two or three. Making a horde fire-resistant, i can manage. But making them fire-resistant, more durable and blinding you is just too much. In a similar way i don't like the idea of hordes of guys in a biohazard suit. They're not just fireproof, they are also way more durable than normal zombies.

is it not just like u say, a new challenge for survivors too? lol

The difference is that i already have had some experience with those hoards of Jimmies etc. I already know i don't like it. The infected medkit is something entirely new though.

It's in the same regard that i'm definitely willing to try fireproof zombies with no enhanced durability.

I really don't like it. It adds a huge learning curve for new players who will rage or die quickly. It will also make stacked teams even worse because a team with members will know what is happening and kill all the infected survivors.

It really makes me not want to play because there is just so much going on and with no teamwork and no communication it's going to be a very short round. I mean, what happens to all the people who play when there are no members on and have no idea what GC even is?

• Like 1

My big question is why did the people who are against the idea not speak up UNTIL after it went on the server? It's not like I hid the idea from you guys. I explained exactly what it did, heard nothing but positive reactions, now people are mad about it? Seems like pleasing you guys is nothing short of an impossibility since you guys also talk about "the same old thing over and over again". I think I might just be done trying anything new with the plugin anymore. You guys are way too difficult to make happy.

• Like 1

aw =[ I don't follow the forums much anymore, busy with work and stuff. I'm sure your code is killer and you put a lot of work into it. I know firsthand it can be tough to code for a game community and sometimes you roll something out and everyone is like wut the heck?! Maybe we should reconsider two servers so people can enjoy classic 10v10 and have the option of a modded intense one?

My big question is why did the people who are against the idea not speak up UNTIL after it went on the server? It's not like I hid the idea from you guys. I explained exactly what it did, heard nothing but positive reactions, now people are mad about it? Seems like pleasing you guys is nothing short of an impossibility since you guys also talk about "the same old thing over and over again". I think I might just be done trying anything new with the plugin anymore. You guys are way too difficult to make happy.

Too bad it's gone now, i already miss it. Even with a lot of people not liking the infected medkit thing, i haven't heard anyone say anything bad about the other new additions and i personally love those as well.

I wanted to say thanks for your hard work Jackie . It doesnt get said enuff.

When i read about it it sounded like it might be a good thing . Playing it was a different experince. I wanted to like it but dont. It just seems like the infected can buy a B&W survivor now as fast as we can heal them , especialy later in the round when infected have lots of points. And im always going round telling people not to heal them selves but with this mod it makes more sense(to me) just to get 15 points and do a fulll heal.

And Jackie idk if you drink but I would like to buy you a beer if you do.

• Like 1

I really liked the new plugin. I was wondering why it isn't anymore. Makes the survivors side more challenge... and in constant communication. Las night, Diamond and i dont know who else were telling the other survs when to get healed, because infected team were buying that thing like crazy. BUT, the medkit booby trap is not as powerful as you think. A good team make that useless. I've seen it.

• Like 1

I didn't like the infected med kit at 15 pts, at 20pts it seemed more doable.

Your startegy changes alot, like mavC mentioned last night we were healing but made sure the healee had 15 pts to fheal just in case. The noobs are the problem, when someone who doesn't know to play heals you in the middle of a Tank.

Loved the tank changes.

Sad to see the new plugin go so quickly.