URGENT HELP REQUIRED

MPG1770

Reboot and select proper Boot device (or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Got glitched as tank and had to restart computer, then that error message appeared, idk what to do. H E L P.

Like the others have said, either your hard drive is glitched somehow or toast.

You need to get into bios for our first check. Thats gonna be F2, or F8, or F10, or F12 right during boot. You'll see the message either in the top corner or along the bottom of the screen when the computer is being turned on. From there you can check that your hard drive is detected by the computer at all, etc.

Also, it has been known to happen - cables come loose. Might want to pop the cover and make sure power and the ATA or SATA cable is attached.

And naturally as I type the above it gets solved...

This is generally the message when your HDD ceases to exist (parked, gone, platter crash, mechanically not going to work again). If Windows was corrupted you would see a different message as of right now that's the generic message the BIOS gives you when it can't find a device to boot off of. Check your BIOS as others have mentioned and also keep an ear out for clicking or not hearing your HDD spin at all.

The likelihood that it had anything to do with you being a "tank" in L4D is low to none. Your HDD just decided that was the time to die and then when your computer went to open a file on the disk to read into memory which happens a lot the machine locked up.

Another reason could be that your master booting record was altered on your disk while you were using your computer and that is preventing the BIOS from finding a device to boot from (it needs to find the MBR or no go).

This is extremely unlikely and you can quickly verify this by again checking to make sure the HDD even appears in the BIOS boot order list.

I did not read the whole thread before I posted and therefore should hang my head in shame.

Edited by TheHairyHungarian