Joining the NAVY - I leave September 9th

MattKemp

Hey guys, so as the title explains, I am joining 'Murika's NAVY in September, so if you think I barely play anymore, well, you're in for a surprise.

An update from this thread:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/42004-so-i-just-took-the-asvab-for-the-army/&do=findComment&comment=504246

Pretty much, they threw a ton of money at me. I am joining the Nuke field, with a signing bonus of $11,000, and advanced rank progression. After two years of intense schooling, I will sign up for a new four year contract worth anywhere from 60-90K, depending if I am MM, EM, or ET (my job specialty title).....So that's a grand total of six years (if I don't re-enlist) and around 80K.

I leave for boot camp September 9 for Great Lakes, and at a nine week boot camp, that's graduating right before Thanksgiving.

Great Lakes is in Illinois, pretty much right in between Chicago and Milwaukee, on the shores of Lake Michgan. I'm going to freeze my tookus off!!!!!

• Like 3

Good luck man...I just hope you are prepared for something they didn't tell you.

I was signed up for the Nuke program as well....but never became one. The Nuke program is probably THE hardest academic program they have in all the military. They have a 20-40 % drop rate, meaning lots of people fail, or don't perform to standards. Don't let the money suck you in like it did for me. Money isn't everything.

Let us know how everything goes. You'll be able to get on the internet again and play some games once you start Nuke school, but you'll be spending most of your time in the NNPTC building.

Good luck man...I just hope you are prepared for something they didn't tell you.

I was signed up for the Nuke program as well....but never became one. The Nuke program is probably THE hardest academic program they have in all the military. They have a 20-40 % drop rate, meaning lots of people fail, or don't perform to standards. Don't let the money suck you in like it did for me. Money isn't everything.

Let us know how everything goes. You'll be able to get on the internet again and play some games once you start Nuke school, but you'll be spending most of your time in the NNPTC building.

AND THAT... is how you give a motivational speech :)

Hey guys, so as the title explains, I am joining 'Murika's NAVY in September, so if you think I barely play anymore, well, you're in for a surprise.

http://gamerscoaliti...my/#entry504246

Pretty much, they threw a ton of money at me. I am joining the Nuke field, with a signing bonus of $11,000, and advanced rank progression. After two years of intense schooling, I will sign up for a new four year contract worth anywhere from 60-90K, depending if I am MM, EM, or ET (my job specialty title).....So that's a grand total of six years (if I don't re-enlist) and around 80K.

I leave for boot camp September 9 for Great Lakes, and at a nine week boot camp, that's graduating right before Thanksgiving.

Great Lakes is in Illinois, pretty much right in between Chicago and Milwaukee, on the shores of Lake Michgan. I'm going to freeze my tookus off!!!!!

wow good luck there matt.. i guess i wont have someone to say "SEND POINTS TO YURI" when i join in the server with a dead survivor.

Good luck

<3

Yuri

Thank you for your willingness to serve. The navy has a proud tradition (and most of it isn't nearly as gay as those swabby uniforms ;) ) I have a nephew in the marines and another one in the Navy who is a security officer on the nuclear base out west. My daughter is a Crew Chief on the Stealth Bomber and I'm ex-Army so I respect service. You should be excited and don't listen to nay-sayers (especially if they haven't served). For the rest of your life you will stand as an elite example of the best of America.

• Like 1

My Navy bootcamp was November through February in Great Lakes. That is cold. You are getting there at a good time I think. Good luck.

Lookback, can I visit?

But in all seriousness, best of luck with Nuke school, heard amazing things about it, but be damn ready to work your donkey like you've never worked it before. From what it sounds like they're going to drill you and screw you hard, but it'll all pay off if you make it through. Keep us updated!

My Navy bootcamp was November through February in Great Lakes. That is cold. You are getting there at a good time I think. Good luck.

Ya mine was from June-August. Hot and humid there, but not unbearable as I'm from AZ. Good times though. The only hard part was being away from family, but other than that, it was pretty easy. I was there back in 2002 when all the old barracks (ships) were there!

Dont Worry about this. Im in power school myself and im still logging 20 hours a week on the l4d2 server!