What headphones/headset are you using?

Cobb

Hey all,

I'm currently using a Turtle Beach HPA2 headset. It's one of those true 5.1 headsets with 4 drivers in each cup. However, I'm using them with only the 2 stereo drivers in Dolby Headphone mode and they sound fantastic. With the exception of the right side earcup sub driver being busted. Oh, and I lost the mic so I can't really communicate effectively in game.

Anyway, I'm looking to replace/upgrade and just wanted to get a feel of what all of you are using as your primary headphones/headset.

Thanks,

Cobb

Plantronics GameCom 780 Surround Sound Stereo PC Gaming

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZS5ATM/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far I like them, have had them for about 8 months. Thought the cable would annoy me, but it doesn't because it's long enough. My only wish is for some sort of indicator when the mic is on or off. When I first got them I thought the mic was on so people couldn't hear me (and it occasionally still happens if I bump it while putting them on.)

Steelseries Siberia V2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249083

I love them, the sound quality is great and they are super comfy. I can wear them for long periods of time without a problem.

When I was researching around I didn't find a ton of reviews on them but everything I did read was positive, so I took the plunge and haven't had a regret yet.

• Like 1

Bought my first headset to go along with my other Corsair products, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816005

Though I really use it only for the mic, sound quality is amazing but damn it gets hot fast with the cotton like material.

Now for headphones oh boy...! I'm a addict when it comes to these things

1. Skullcandy Hesh

2. Sennheiser HD203

3. Sennheiser HD201

4. Sennheiser HD428

5. Sennheiser HD448

Just clicked your link pronouncemyname, I didn't know they made white ones but you can see my review above. I believe Jackie uses them too and has been happy.

Thanks. If you don't mind a question, do they work with mp3 players too? I've never bought a mic before so I have no clue what I'm doing xD

Edited by Pronouncemyname

do they work with mp3 players too?

Yes. They have the 2 analog 3.5mm jacks, one for audio (so you can plug in to your mp3 player) and the other for a mic. The mic retracts in to the headset so you don't look to nerdy walking around town. It also comes with some extension cables so you can easily disconnect from your PC to hit the road.

Edited by Madvillain
  • Like 1

The Steelseries Siberia headsets spoiled me for headsets. I would never use anything other than those now. They are so dang comfortable to wear. Not heavy, feel like they're not even there sometimes. LONG cord, extremely durable...they're just the best headsets I've ever used.

Yes. They have the 2 analog 3.5mm jacks, one for audio (so you can plug in to your mp3 player) and the other for a mic. The mic retracts in to the headset so you don't look to nerdy walking around town. It also comes with some extension cables so you can easily disconnect from your PC to hit the road.

I think I know what I'm buying next month. Thanks!

When you say retract is it virtually seamless or does it leave a knob like when you disconnect the mic from a turtle beach headset?

yI4BfKW.png