Graphics card Nvidia 8200

MPG1770

GC Server Admin

Just when I thought everything was ok, it's not. L4D2 is having serious issues with graphics card.

I run several music and video software programs without any trouble whatsoever, but it does not like this game for some reason. Are there any settings I could tweak to stabilise this until I get a new card installed?

GC Server Admin
(edited)

All other games work fine. Just had a notification from Steam saying that my graphics card is not supported, whatever that means, Idk, if it's unsupported how have I been playing this game all this time?

Is there anything I can turn off/disable in game settings to help?

However, the game works fine in single campaign mode

Edited by MPG1770

The 8200 is an older card but you should be able to get it to run in L4D2.

If you're running at your monitors native resolution have you turned off AA? (The lines will look jagged but not as noticable at max resolution for your monitor. It will also relieve some of the strain on your card.)

Basically your card is aged... significantly aged (2008). Even if it still was 2008 your 8200 was considered a budget card. If you still have a problem with your card even after turning every setting down to lowest you will need to upgrade your video card. Driver tweaking buys you a little but if you're playing on the 10 v 10 server you are getting close to if not exceeding the capacities of your card.

The single player is not nearly as hard on your card as there is only 4 players on a team there and that isn't even half of the chaos going on in the 10 v 10.

Edited by TheHairyHungarian

If you're running at your monitors native resolution have you turned off AA?

What is AA and how do I turn off?

Anti-Aliasing. If i remember correctly it's under advanced graphics settings or something like that.

• Like 1

(edited)
Just had a notification from Steam saying that my graphics card is not supported,

Not sure that message matters, I got that when I installed my GTX 560 Ti and everything ran fine.

Anti-Aliasing. If i remember correctly it's under advanced graphics settings or something like that.
Exactly Edited by Madvillain

I was thinking on upgrading to a GTX 560 Ti on my current computer to replace the Radeon 4850. Don't really want to spend the money on a new computer right now and I thought that the 560 Ti would be the best card for my system.

S.

If you have the budget for a little more expensive I would go with the gaming card of that series the 580 it greatly outperforms the 560 TI and now that it's a generation back you should be able to acquire one fairly cheap. The 560 TI is a budget gaming card. Not that there is anything wrong with that in the least and it will certainly outperform that 4850 you have.