Anyone else participate in the OVERWATCH yet?

turnbullTeRRoR

Does everyone have a chance at overwatch or do you need to meet a certain criteria?

I got to "judge" today some evidence. The way valve did it is really nice. They change the players name to "the suspect" and you spec everything through the "suspects" view. Also it fast forwards through the "suspects" dead time till the start of the next round.

The one I just watched I was scratching my head over for the first 6-7 it was really hard to tell then the dude got sloppy and gave away a wall hack no doubt over the course of the last 4-6 rounds. Undoubtable.

You have to meet certain criteria. Skill level, time played, competitive matches won, account age all determine if you're eligible for Overwatch. All of that determine your Overwatch "score". The higher the score, the more cases you will get to review and that will also mean your verdict on the demo you're watching has a heavier weight compared to someone who has a lower "score" than you.

Seems like the possibility would exist that hackers themselves would be asked to judge based on that criteria. There are alot of "good" hackers out there.

Luckaly they are usually douchbags and would have no issue with throwing someone who cheats like they do under the bus.

Shaftiel

• Like 2

GC Alumni
(edited)

if a hacker was involved in overwatch it would make no difference. Names are hidden and all bans are determined by group judgement. I' m pretty sure youhave to have more than a majority vote to ban as well. Also I'm sure valve is testing everyones results to begin with and there is an accuracy score so they about covered making it as legit as possible.

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

What surprises me about CSGO is the amount of effort Valve is putting in to fight hackers compared to previous games. Mathacks are defeated, external hacks (using Windows Aero to hack without injecting anything into the game) are all but foolproof now, so the amount of avenues a hacker has is drastically reduced from previous renditions of CS. Now with Overwatch, the amount of hackers would seem to go down even further since the hacker would have no idea that they have been reported or anything.

Now if Valve could make the game feel more like the older CS games, then I'd be happy.

GC Alumni
(edited)

btw I've done three reports so far the first one was sketchy for the majority but two rounds really stood out(walls). The second one was wallhack city this guy is/was the scum of the earth. The third report the guy was just good.

also I've not done one for stupidity griefing or whatever. You do not get to hear mic or see chat so I"m guessing if the reports were for trolling and what not you'd have to hear / see chat.

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

• 3 weeks later...