What happened?

Flitterkill

I was playing War Z now named infestation and I got bombarded with invites all night long. Its madness I tell you!

What are you doing playing that game! On a side note doesn't that game have lots of problems? Looked at buying it recently since it is a zombie game and couldn't find any good reviews from critics or players.

Edited by Jibbajabba

I was playing War Z now named infestation and I got bombarded with invites all night long. Its madness I tell you!

What are you doing playing that game! On a side note doesn't that game have lots of problems? Looked at buying it recently since it is a zombie game and couldn't find any good reviews from critics or players.

It had a lot of problems some if not most of them are solved its kinda glitchy but at the price I"m not suprised about the glitches.... its an interesting game but I can tell you that I'd be bored out my mind with out playing it with friends. Ripper or ripped or whatever he plays as now is coming to my house to night to lan/ play "infestation" We gonna raid some towns build some guns up and may go hunting some PVP.

The interesting part about the game is the fact that you raid towns/ communities for weapons but you really have to be worried about the real people out hunting zombies and other real people for their gear. It can get intense sometimes when your trying to figure out who's friendly and whos looking to get you. I had a stand off the other day guy ran by close to me asking friend or foe friend or foe I didn't know wether to talk or shoot him so I kept my gun on him the whole time till he finally went the other way.

new info do not buy this game/ once you get in it tries to suck the money out of you / wait for Dayz stand alone

Too bad. If you've caught the zombie virus though (see what i did there), come play some L4D with us :)

My co-worker plays it during lunch break sometimes / I've watch you tube vids.... its just not my cup of tea but I do love war Z (though it/they will get no more of my money) but cannot wait for day Z stand alone

Anyway back on topic. We do really need to try and keep the pub server going. Jibba's post was 100% win, and accurate. We need it to keep new players coming into the community. Some stats might help, we should look into those somehow. Keeps a pub feeling competitive, which is why people are drawn to CMM in the first place. We used to have them in CS:S, why not now?

People who play with me currently know I don't usually log on until at least 11pm eastern (due to work), and usually end up doing CMM, but this is ONLY because everyone else is. If I joined at night and all of my GC friends were in the pub, I would hop in there in a heart beat. Problem is it's always 0/0 players around that time. We just have to try and take initiative to start it up. Sometimes I do join the server at night when it's 0/0. Most of the time i can get it at around 3v3 but never any higher, so I've kinda given up. That time of night isn't great for filling a server, but keeping it full from an earlier start would be more possible with some of your guys help.

I ran the server last night / although it was running before but I was the only admin on for a while/ had some trash to kick out last night :) anyways got it going good and started running some customs after running votes and getting 80% returns with an almost / sometimes all the way full server

we played nuke, season,mirage, Dust 2 then iniated vote sm_vote Nextmap "regular rotation" "custom/fun maps" then ran stadium (awps allowed) voted again/ ran gc_mp7 voted again ran gc_nova voted agian ran de_quick_little_war server started dying this was around 10-30 11ish so went back to Dust 2 everyone had fun. FYI a really high % people enjoy de_stadium_go and gc_mp7_beta

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

Match making has made the game feel like an "invitation only" type game, our server being dead just leaves you to wait and see if anyone needs a player... and in my case,a player that sucks, lol.

I'm feeling thankful for good single player games right now.

we played nuke, season,mirage, Dust 2 then iniated vote sm_vote Nextmap "regular rotation" "custom/fun maps" then ran stadium (awps allowed) voted again/ ran gc_mp7 voted again ran gc_nova voted agian ran de_quick_little_war server started dying this was around 10-30 11ish so went back to Dust 2 everyone had fun. FYI a really high % people enjoy de_stadium_go and gc_mp7_beta Edited by turnbullTeRRoR, Today, 02:37 PM.

we played nuke, season,mirage, Dust 2 then iniated vote sm_vote Nextmap "regular rotation" "custom/fun maps" then ran stadium (awps allowed) voted again/ ran gc_mp7 voted again ran gc_nova voted agian ran de_quick_little_war server started dying this was around 10-30 11ish so went back to Dust 2 everyone had fun. FYI a really high % people enjoy de_stadium_go and gc_mp7_beta Edited by turnbullTeRRoR, Today, 02:37 PM.

Yeah I kept it on the smaller customs out side of stadium / didn't want to bore anyone

played a couple of maps with bots 7pm cat kindly informed me he couldn't get in. I restarted server played some more but no body entered untill I started testing de_drunkmonk_b1 Then after playing some match making I got back on the server around 10-30ish and switched map back to de_drunkmonk_b1 and got it going to 3 vs 3 for alittle bit/ went D2 some stayed / then I went back for one last CMM trip.

our server has no tags.

add the tags of "classic, casual, 128tic, de_dust2, de_train"

I'd throw " customs" in there as well but not casual that = ff off armor and kits provided for you if I were making the tags I'd makem competitive, 128tic , classic , customs, (and get some stats going) so put stats as well Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

our server has no tags.

add the tags of "classic, casual, 128tic, de_dust2, de_train"

I'd throw " customs" in there as well but not casual that = ff off armor and kits provided for you if I were making the tags I'd makem competitive, 128tic , classic , customs, (and get some stats going) so put stats as well

If someone can direct me how to add tags, I'll do it.

Basically San' and I are the only ones touching the server lately. I barely play the game, and I think San' has been quite busy with other things...

Alright, after having too much spare time this last weekend and having a terrible time finding a good casual server. I will now dedicate myself to trying to help populate this server.

What game mod are we running? Is it up to date? Is it only mookie who has access to the FTP? Can that change? Willing to help and dedicated time and money to help making this server work. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can start today.

Thanks.

I will be on tonight. I 've been trying to pub every weeknight around 7:30- 8 pm eastern. If I get the server active and going good and if another admin is on I go to CMM if I want to after the pubs been thoroughly engaged :) or I play 4 maps with bots only and say forget this crap! :)

On weeknights I just try to please the masses with map votes . D2 , Nuke , INfero, Season, and maybe some gc_mp7 or nova in the mix pending on voter turnout. Try to work stadium in sometimes maybe cambodia or beroth an occasional rat map if its all good. I been trying everything

Edited by turnbullTeRRoR

We need to get the votemap working...so we can vote for a new map at the end of the match. An option to nominate custom maps into that votemap and stats. People like top10 and rank. Update maps to match ESEA league. Remove all bots.

It requires continuous trial and error to find what people like...I am willing to do that if someone can supply me with server access.

What do ya say?