What happened?

Flitterkill

I believe the end map voting is based off the map rotation file. I'd be happy to add 10-12 customs to that list, in fact I'll do it now and test it. In the mean time, think of the best customs and we'll add them to the list.

Best customs... best customs... hmm... maybe:

de_cambodia

de_sanguinis

de_shift

Those maps seem pretty well made--balanced, polished, etc.

people like de_beroth I'm not a huge fan but its very playable. I'm a little biased but we've had 3 hotly contested server outings for de_stadium_go (Ok a LOT biased)

(edited)

Can we have the map rotation be the default competitive maps, but have the option to nominate de_custom_map and so on? Then the nominated custom maps get added to the vote with the regular competitive maps. The thing that attracts players is other players. Map choice is second. So whatever formula brings in the most people, has my vote.

There is a server called PotSmokersLounge.net and they have 24/7 full server on a rotation of like 6 classic maps. They run GameMe and have a two awp limit per team. Thats about its and for some reason they can keep the server full? Whats their secret?

Edited by waymon

GC Alumni
(edited)

Can we have the map rotation be the default competitive maps, but have the option to nominate de_custom_map and so on? Then the nominated custom maps get added to the vote with the regular competitive maps. The thing that attracts players is other players. Map choice is second. So whatever formula brings in the most people, has my vote.

There is a server called PotSmokersLounge.net and they have 24/7 full server on a rotation of like 6 classic maps. They run GameMe and have a two awp limit per team. Thats about its and for some reason they can keep the server full? Whats their secret?

Maybe a community dedicated to pub and not CMM. I mean that is the core problem. Everytime I convince 2-3 members other than myself to join the server starts rolling in 1 or 2 maps. So if the server gets to 3 v3 or 4 v 4 its bound to pick up if its during prime hours Edited by turnbullTeRRoR