Three weeks out...

Flitterkill

Shirt order goes in today. Unfortunately they will not be nearly as awesome as they could be. No sleeve badge or anything. One color giant chest logo.

Colors will vary, but will either be light colored shirts with black logo or dark colored shirts with white logo - or both. Plenty of extras ordered so people can get something they hopefully like (first come first served warning hereby provided - early arrivals will have bestest choices). Extras will end up in the GC store. Also, if you are going and your shirt "sucks" we'll be able to fix that at some vague time after FFO.

Badges go into production next week.

Its still not too late! Register away and have some fun! I, regrettably, won't be able to pull this one off. I went from 90% attending, to 50% attending, to, well, not. Dad gets cancer, plans get changed (he says explaining his three week absence awhile back).

Next year, if... IF... we'll either do it Kickstarter-style, taking and holding registration funds until we get X-number attending and *then* venue seek/secure and failing to hit whatever mark we set call it a year and try again some other time. Or go big, screw the GC meet-n-frag vibe, and make it a 200/300+ serious LAN thing and see what happens.

New table layout will be put out soon. Attendees can expect an email so we can get that set again. Waiver form, etc as well.

Aside from our one sponsor bringing huge LCD tvs and such for console games and whatever there was no work done on getting sponsors by the staff. After registrations hit that wall in the low-20's there was little we could do on that front. I'll put out feelers and see if we can get anything short-term but many of the biggies don't look at you unless you start approaching 100+ for attending.

Not all tears Samwise.... you will have that oh-so-fine shirt. And those mythical GC pint glasses? Everyone gets one. They're already at Fatty's house right now.

• Like 1

I am pretty much 0% at this point...my younger sister is having twins this fall, so i'm going to have to use my vacation/Ohio trip to see the babies this October. I tried to figure a way to break out for a couple of days, it's just not going to happen :(

On a positive note, I actually thought over 30 people is a good turnout. I mean its enough for a good time, plus its not too many that you don't get a chance to meet and know everyone. I know it's not enough for sponsors and whatnot. I guess I see it as more of a GC weekend get together than an actual LAN party. That's evident with the multitude of extra activities people seem interested in doing besides computer gaming. Cornhole, board games, poker, drinking, pool, foosball, console games, etc etc. Maybe we should rename it GC FunFest 2013.

• Like 1

A small group is actually quite fun, I remember the couple of years where we inched towards 100, probably over if you count non-gamer friends that just hung out, it was awesome, no doubt, but not quite as personal as the smaller events. The last one that I attended before they went away I think we had less than 40, it was actually pretty great.

Y'all will have fun, no worries

Just an FYI, if you do hit 200-300+ attendees, you'll get tons of sponsors, especially Nvidia. I went to the Nvidia LAN 2011 on the USS Hornet (aircraft carrier), and it was a blast. About 500-600 people showed up. But when you hit 100+, be ready to have a private server full of games to download, host, etc...plus a screaming internet connection.

Just an FYI, if you do hit 200-300+ attendees, you'll get tons of sponsors, especially Nvidia. I went to the Nvidia LAN 2011 on the USS Hornet (aircraft carrier), and it was a blast. About 500-600 people showed up. But when you hit 100+, be ready to have a private server full of games to download, host, etc...plus a screaming internet connection.

Based off other FFO posts I believe this is what everyone was hoping to happen, unfortunately the turnout wasn't quite as high as everyone expected/wanted.