Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JackieChan

FFO 2013 - What To Bring List

21 posts / 1099 viewsLast Reply

Obviously we all need to bring stuff there, so here is a general idea of what you should bring with you to the LAN other than clothes and whatnot:

__ Yourself

__ Computer

__ Monitor (Unless bringing a Laptop)

__ Keyboard (Unless bringing a Laptop)

__ If bringing a Laptop, a Laptop Lock (if you're paranoid about someone stealing it...)

__ Mouse

__ Mousepad

__ Joystick/Controller if bringing one

__ Headphones (Please no speakers!)

__ Microphone

__ Any external drives you may need

__ ALL Cables to hook your computer up to...itself and the outlet

__ Network cable(s)

__ Surge protector

__ Extension Cord. Please make sure it's 3 prong and long enough.

__ Cell Phone Charger (gotta keep them full of juice)

__ Any console games you want to bring to play at the LAN

__ Any other types of games you want to bring to play at the LAN

__ Money

__ Your Photo ID

__ Anyone you were supposed to car pool with

A Week Or So Before The LAN, Be Sure To:

__ Update your hardware drivers

__ Update windows and play all the games to work out any bugs

__ Defrag Hard Drives

Right before you turn off your computer to pack it up

__ Update Steam make sure any games you want to install are installed and updated

__ Update any anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware, etc. programs and run them. Save the logs because you will need to show that you did that before you connect your computer to the network.

If anyone needs to change anything to the list, please amend it.

I don't use headphones. They give me migraines. I use earbuds that I plug into my speakers and a standalone microphone. Is that okayyyyyy?

My surge protector is also my battery backup - is that okayyyy? It weighs a ton, but I don't have anything else.

Edit: nevermind, I bought some surge protectors.

Edited by Girlzilla

i dont have any anti virus... i have a mac and have never had an issue. hackers scoff at us and dont bother to try and break our worthless things. do i still have to do something to show that im virus free?????

It's more prevalent to ask since we've all had Windows machines at the LAN. I think you should be good to go without doing so on a Mac since no one uses those things anyway.

Since I have no gaming laptop I'm gonna bring my PC, so my issue is how to lock it, or do I really need a security lock system, since there will be not so many people?

Since I have no gaming laptop I'm gonna bring my PC, so my issue is how to lock it, or do I really need a security lock system, since there will be not so many people?

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I believe Fatty has security coming to keep things calm.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I believe Fatty has security coming to keep things calm.

ok, you saved me $35. :)

There has never been a theft problem before, just watch out for wild star bursts breaking your monitor.

This crazy drunk girl stole my heart.

There has never been a theft problem before, just watch out for wild star bursts breaking your monitor.

This crazy drunk girl stole my heart.

You gave it willingly VooDoo. ;)

Instead of printing out the results from the anti-virus...are we ok to just have it pulled up and reviewed before actually plugging into the network? Never had much use for a printer so I never bought one...

Can you print to a pdf file? You can do that and just email one of us that. Or, to be real fancy-like, take a pic of your screen with the results showing you're all good. Send one of us that.

Sorry for the late response.. you've probably left already, eh?

There's a small coffee maker in the kitchen. As for fridge space, it's a full-size fridge, but at the moment it's pretty packed. We'll make room :-)