de_processing_station Ice_Berge's secret project!

Ice_Berge_00

Some of you may remember I made a couple maps back in the CS Source days. A little while ago I got the urge to begin working on a new map for CS GO.

Below is the result of my efforts. I've play tested it some with bots and a few friends, would love to give it a run on custom map night sometime soon, maybe this coming weekend.

Here are a few preview pics for teasers

CT Spawn

post-667-0-54955400-1372649670_thumb.jpg

Starting out at the security checkpoint for visitors, odd there aren't any guards around...

T Spawn

post-667-0-74035200-1372649572_thumb.jpg

Something bad happened here, emergency lights and the caved in door might be a clue...

post-667-0-84523600-1372649722.jpg

I guess we're going in the back way

post-667-0-09145000-1372649738_thumb.jpg

One of the main encounter points, can you figure out what will happen?

post-667-0-45020400-1372649748_thumb.jpg

For the times when you just need a moment to relax

Bombsite A

post-667-0-09148300-1372649780_thumb.jpg

So we're blowing up a loading dock? Wait, whats in that tank...

post-667-0-97726600-1372649794_thumb.jpg

Bombsite B

post-667-0-04847300-1372649761_thumb.jpg

So this is where the toxic chemicals get treated and made "safe" for everyone...

post-667-0-66147100-1372649770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ice_Berge_00
  • Like 5

(edited)

Ice _B do you mess with the hint brushes any?

I did in the hallway intersections and around the entrances to the rooms. This actually led to me positioning the doors of the break room the way I did because of what I saw the engine doing. Helped to reduce what the game engine was drawing at times and I without them I found at specific points it would try to draw both bombsites which was bad.

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

Ice _B do you mess with the hint brushes any?

I did in the hallway intersections and around the entrances to the rooms. This actually led to me positioning the doors of the break room the way I did because of what I saw the engine doing. Helped to reduce what the game engine was drawing at times and I without them I found at specific points it would try to draw both bombsites which was bad.

Yeah, I was just asking because I've been working on optimizing my maps more and more each map but the hint brushes are something I've not really delved into much. My last few maps I've focused on clean brushes and func_detail (ing) as much as can be good and possible. However my current map de_drunkmonk_betawhatever#itis didn't reach full compile in like 16 hours so I've been running on fast compile. I reckon using some hint brushes and manipulating the vis-leafs would probably help that out.

Certainly worth checking out. There are a couple debug commands you can use when playing or just walking through your map after compiling to see how it broke out the vis leafs. I don't recall if adding the hints made a big difference on compile times or not with mine unfortunately. It did help performance playing though. There are some good videos and guides out there too to help explain where they will help.

In the mean time I'll see if I can't attach my map to this post if someone can upload it to the server(s) for me?

The quick speed was one of my design goals with the map, I wanted to keep it somewhat small and fast feeling so you had time if you were at the wrong site.

I'll have to think about the doors, maybe put something across them to block the ones that are just for show or something.

I'll have to tweak the speed of the working doors though, as Lunk mentioned they felt too slow when you're rushing through them.

The quick speed was one of my design goals with the map, I wanted to keep it somewhat small and fast feeling so you had time if you were at the wrong site.

I'll have to think about the doors, maybe put something across them to block the ones that are just for show or something.

I'll have to tweak the speed of the working doors though, as Lunk mentioned they felt too slow when you're rushing through them.

I had a problem with one my doors on de_canyon opening way to slow even though I had any setting I could muster up I think I had some kinda brush clipped to close or something/ can't remember exactly what the fix was....... or if I fixed it at all for that matter lol

• 3 months later...

OK, sorry, lets use this one.

This has all the files combined to make sure they download OK.

Yeah I_B what I was telling you earlier I've done my last 3 maps with workshop and then subscribed to them to DL them and its packed all my files in HOWEVER I have no custom models or textures in any of my maps so I dont know if it catches those or not, but if you want more people to play your map you should get a version on the work shop and anyone who is subscribed to it will auto DL any changes you make to it on the workshop