One week to go!

Flitterkill

badgefinal.jpg

Those are about to get pushed to production. Laminated, etc. of course. Lanyards in hand. A few spares for visitors.

Some things people should be thinking/planning/doing:

1) Virus checkings and computer account settings. Get on that! Before you pack up run a virus check and print out the results. When you show up at FFO staff will want to see that printout from a day or two before your arrival. We'd rather not have a virus hoe-down as the first group event at FFO. Also, and this probably goes without saying, consider setting an account password and a short time out to the lock screen - or - even better - perhaps create a new account for FFO altogether as well? Keep your documents safe, etc. The people coming are good peoples but ya never know....

2) Following on that... A list of what you have out on the table; perhaps a photo of your setup? Only once in the many years of FFO did something walk out the door not belonging to that person (as far as I can tell). Better safe than etc.

2) Ethernet patch cable, headphones, and a powerstrip. You have those you should pretty be pretty much set.

3) Consider catastrophic failure of your computer. What would you need to get back up and running? Install discs?

4) A reminder that the table setup has changed. Those on the 8' tables, regardless of registration time, you're set. Most of the rest of you will also still be on rectangular tables; some even bumped up to 8' from 6' - so bonus! Alas, a handful of you; mainly the last few to register, will be on round tables. That just means a ton of elbow room.

5) Food arrangements are pretty much whatever you want. I'm not as concerned about liability or anything like that with this few attending so access behind the bar is pretty much whatever. Be nice when sharing the fridge space. Plenty of room for coolers around the room and underneath the bar.

6) There will need to be a semi-lockdown status for the hall between one slash two AM and seven AM. No need to attract a ton of attention to ourselves. Just don't be milling around in the parking lot during that time and you'll be fine.

7) Tourneys to be arranged on-site. I will be severely disappointed if there isn't a two-player teams foosball tourney.

8) There is a bank directly opposite the entrance to Black Wolf Hall. Although there should be a change machine in the hall, you can get your quarter fix Thrs and Fri during the usual bank times and Saturday morning as well. I suspect they may have the usual publicly accessible ATM as well, possibly 24 hours access if we're lucky. Pool, foos, pinball, air hockey all available at Black Wolf with two or three quarters to play.

9) People have been talking about board games already in the threads. Consoles anyone? NPi is providing (last I checked) LCD TV's - 55" or so - as many as we need. Would be nice if I can get an exact number. Since I'm shipping out the lanyards I might be convinced to let my Dreamcast travel as well...

10) Maybe, perhaps, if someone is ambitious enough, a small, low-res, 1 frame per second video stream could be set up? I've got a Logitech Orbit sitting around doing nothing...

11) Bandwidth provided some FFO game servers may be accessible from yonder nets. IP's provided on the front page of the forums if that happens.

I'll probably add more here as I remember... Questions? Comments?

I'd bring console stuff, but there only so much stuff I can fit in my luggage without having to check it in. It would be cool to have multiple people stream whatever they're doing since that kind of stuff isn't too hard to do now days. Just get a Twitch.tv account, FFSplit or whatever free streaming software you want, and you're g2g.

Yeah, no problemo. Although easiest would be to just hit the GC store internet-wise when you show up.

Only one small tee ordered - spoken for and I *think* all the XXL shirts are as well. There will be extras of M, L and XL. And just to reiterate: a multitude of colors - a rainbow if you will. First come, first served as far as colors go. With numbers for FFO no where near where we thought they would be I had to go a less expensive route for the shirts - still silk-screened of course.

Also your meeting badge will not have your name on it, probably....

Yeah, no problemo. Although easiest would be to just hit the GC store internet-wise when you show up.

Only one small tee ordered - spoken for and I *think* all the XXL shirts are as well. There will be extras of M, L and XL. And just to reiterate: a multitude of colors - a rainbow if you will. First come, first served as far as colors go. With numbers for FFO no where near where we thought they would be I had to go a less expensive route for the shirts - still silk-screened of course.

Also your meeting badge will not have your name on it, probably....

I'll bring a Sharpie. :)