Left 4 dead crashes on startup

JKap

i cannot start left 4 dead 2. AS soon as the movie finished and goes to loading screen. i see the menu and it just crashes there. the music repeats and the game freezes

I have tride intergrated the files, delete Steam app ( not the games) and reinstall it, notthing... Portal 2 seems to work perfectly and doesnt crash at all....

I've been at this for 3 almost 4 hours and im ready to delete Steam completely...but thats to drastic as i have to wait for left 4 dead 2 to download again which i dotn want to.

help please so I can beat baloosh, baloosh and peanut, and maestro, jackie, chick, yoshi, meng, merc....diamond and crasx

dont we all want this :3

yeha i tride to " verify integrity of game cache" again and it tells me to close any games running or tools to continue to verify the game....what? i have nohhing running..

something worth trying before you reinstall.

go to Steam, right click on L4D2. Go to "Properties" In the "General" tab, go to "Set Launch Options..." and enter "-novid"

Relaunch game and this will skip the opening video. This causes some people to crash.

Edited by drag
  • Like 1

Okay i just finished redownloading left 4 dead 2 and it STILL freezes!!! I dont know what to do!!!

I deleted steam all together and left 4 dead 2....

and i also took the advice of drag...still not working

(edited)

SOLVED it!!!

it turns out its the Steam Client that was the problem

I downgraded to a June 6 Steam Client and now left 4 dead 2 works fine, but im not the only ones who has this problem as there are more people who have this issue too

here is the FIX: http://steamcommunit...23274306380/#p4

edit: i guess im goiing to have to keep installling the june 6 client as steam keeps updating. hopefully valve fixes this issue

Edited by JKap

I had an issue where I couldn't download the newest update for Steam a while back. I couldn't download it, therefore I couldn't get on steam. This lasted about 5 days with me trying everything I could find to fix the issue with nothing working. Finally it downloaded, updated and all was well. It was an issue caused solely by Valve from what I could understand. Sometimes they really mess things up, but they usually get it fixed after not too long.

• 3 weeks later...