So I bought Minecraft...

RadioKnight

So today I finally went and got Minecraft, buuuut.... I dont know if there was conflicts with the old free version I had from before that my friend had given me, but it kept logging me in as guest. Now it wont even recogize my email as valid, I tried deleting all the folders and reinstalling but its being completely uncooperative. Now I cant even log in to the account I made on the website.

Is there any way of making this work without having to format everything? Or did I just waste $30?

You shouldn't need to format. Are you sure you have the latest launcher?

I'll shoot you a message on steam when I'm home unless anyone else has an idea.

In the mean time I would try making a new windows account and attempting to login under it, also try another computer. If it works you may need to clear settings somewhere, if not it may be an issue with mincraft or your network

I don't remember exactly, when you register your email 1st time you should have received an authorization email with a link to activate your account. If you did receive it, then there is nothing wrong with it. you may need to call/email support center and ask them. If you had not received email, or there was no such procedure, you need might have entered your email incorrectly.

From what I understand, unrecognizable email has nothing to do with formatting hard drive or any files on your PC.

Edited by walkingCat

if you click the start button and type %appdata% a folder called "roaming" should pop up. Inside the roaming folder you will find the .minecraft folder. That is the main directory for minecraft, so deleting that and reinstalling the new client(1.6.2) should allow you to re-enter your e-mail/login. That, of course, will not fix any issues you are having with registering your minecraft account. Double check your e-mail and see if you got a confirmation e-mail, you might not have confirmed or something simple. If that doesnt work, you will need to contact minecraft support inorder for them to active your account.