TombRaider

Girlzilla

OK - so with the awesome Steam sale, I got Tomb Raider, wanted to share my screenshots. I must be really bad because I've died a million times. I'm not a button masher!!!

TombRaider2013-07-1520-10-37-67_zpsc0861b7c.png

TombRaider2013-07-1520-58-40-91_zps003e6203.png

I feel bad for Lara. I've got her killed in so many horrible ways.

Edited by Girlzilla
  • Like 1

(edited)

Got it in the sale as well. Really enjoying it so far! Damn does that woman take a beating though...

SPOILER Yah, her falling in the first few minutes of playing on that spike was thoroughly disgusting. EWWW!!! Haha! :)

Edited by Girlzilla

I picked this up today and started to play it.

I've never played a Tomb Raider game before and I'm really enjoying this one so far. There's a good balance of exploration and action. I'm able to scour the terrain and enjoy the scenery without feeling compelled to collect every single item in the area (although that doesn't mean I can't try).

SPOILERS:

boiler and 'Zilla,

No kidding. I'm having a little difficulty suspending disbelief sometimes. I mean, how many times can I wince? All within the first 30 minutes of the game Lara sets herself on fire, falls upside down from at least 15 feet, impales her side with some sort of rusty strut, limps away, wades through rushing water, stands next to a giant explosion, has shrapnel blown all around her, has debris falling all around her, slides down a rocky surface for more than 20 feet, scrambles away, quickly scales a rock wall with objects tumbling towards her, stands outside, jumps over large ledges, and just to top it off decides to jump and climb on an obviously unstable wrecked airplane dangling over a waterfall and for her trouble gets flung on the ground another 10 or so feet. When she looked at the plane over the waterfall after getting out of the cave and said "I can do this," all I could do was look on in disbelief. Maybe someone could've survived all that stuff in the cave, but when she got to the plane and decided she was going to climb it I had to stop myself from telling her out loud that she was insane. What do they do in archaeology school? How athletic is this woman? Where did she learn these skills? How is she not hypothermic when she's climbing the mountain without a coat? It's all very overwhelming and I guess that's the point.

Anyway, the variety of ways in which Lara can die is impressive. QTEs are frustrating, but they don't feel too unfair. Lara's hair with the graphics maxed out is kind of hilarious to watch. It's a fun game. Props to Beo for pushing me over the edge on buying this one.

Edited by Reomet
  • Like 1

(edited)

Yay, Cat!

Welp, still got the Squelch bug (which you got to witness in agonizing detail, Cat hah!). I can't get past that point. I rebind all my keys so maybe that's why it glitched out at the radio tower. Worse comes to worse, I'll take Jack's saved game since he got past that checkpoint, but that stinkers! GAH!!

Edited by Girlzilla

Yay, Cat!

Welp, still got the Squelch bug (which you got to witness in agonizing detail, Cat hah!). I can't get past that point. I rebind all my keys so maybe that's why it glitched out at the radio tower. Worse comes to worse, I'll take Jack's saved game since he got past that checkpoint, but that stinkers! GAH!!

Once I start playing the game, I'll make as many saves as I can. Then later you can have them.

Yay, Cat!

OH no!!! I hope you get past it the game is soooo goood.

(edited)

AND...

C - backwards

D - use (or E), depends

Mouse 3 - aim, or in multiplayer games, it's the mic, so R becomes aim

V - crouch

I've played this way forevers. Asking me not to is like telling a right-handed person to write with their left.

I also have to invert my mouse.

:P

This usually isn't such a problem in games. Mass Effect 3, though - it used Right Mouse to scan planets, and since I rebind that key to Forward, the game decided it didn't like that, and I couldn't scan planets which you really need to do to advance the plot. The only fix was to edit some game system file, manually reassigning the scan Right Mouse to something else. GAH!!! Dumb programming!

Edited by Girlzilla
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've never played any of TR franchise games. I saw Girlzilla playing it at FFO, I liked how it looks.

I'm almost at 40% of the game right now. Lara died 7 times so far, because I thought she can jump further, and wolves can die after 1 shot. I wanna see all those nasty ways of her being killed, that everyone talks so much, but at the same time I play with extra cautious.

I'm on Ultimate graphic settings, and paysage is so beautiful:

post-4213-0-63427300-1381258259_thumb.jpg

post-4213-0-75881600-1381258265_thumb.jpg

post-4213-0-46021300-1381258263_thumb.jpg