What's happened?

walkingCat

I wasn't playing on the MC server for almost a week. When I finally logged in, i couldn't find some of my belongings which I left at World spawn by Portal hub. Facepalm told me that there was a kid who played under name of his/her parent. I want to know who it was and why this happened?

In addition someone (maybe the same person) slightly modified my treehouse and sheep farm. Didn't check all of my things yet, so I don't know what else is damaged/missing.

Who knows, please tell.

Not sure we need /home. Kind of goes against the spirit of the game when you can just tele out of lava.

Are you telling me, theres a thing that lets people just instantly teleport back home whenever they want..? If so, thats ridiculous, and really goes against the idea of Survival mode.

Oh, and Cat... umm, when I was on my way back from Chicks island I landed around your treehouse and got kind of turned around in the woods under it, and maybe cut a few branches to find my way out. I didnt actually go up to your house though, I wouldnt go in someones personal area without express permission.

• Like 1

(about to write a passionate response when cat replied)

IMO I would be fine with you using creative to recover those items as I mentioned before... because theres a high chance you wont see them again

I like the way it works: "Hey, look! Someone posted a new topic in Minecraft section. LET'S FLOOD IT with OUR OWN questions!"

Guys, please start a new thread, call it "Minecraft Discussions" and post there "/home button", "survival vs creative", "other plugins".

I just wanted to know what happened when I, Biggs, and CrasX were at FragFest. I'd like to know who (name) ran across the server and left things changed. Baloosh is silent, i need you to say something.

I like the way it works: "Hey, look! Someone posted a new topic in Minecraft section. LET'S FLOOD IT with OUR OWN questions!"

Guys, please start a new thread, call it "Minecraft Discussions" and post there "/home button", "survival vs creative", "other plugins".

moved posts to the hard poll

• Like 1

You need me to say something? I don't know what I can say. Do you even have a list of what is missing and/or taken and/or unaccounted for? I think the details of what happened, and how I (and my son) were directly involved has already been stated. He didn't, to the best of my knowledge, mess with any of your stuff. He did start looting when he first logged on the first time, but it was dealt with immediately and everything was returned that I am aware of (to the people whose areas he went into). I guarantee you it wasn't me or my son that took anything from your area. Others, however, I cannot say that about - and to the best of my knowledge, like I said, everything was replaced and/or returned that I had a direct (or indirect) involvement with.

He also did build close to spawn, and probably close to a couple other "unclaimed" claim areas... but without some sort of mechanism in place to lock people out from making changes, how is *anyone* who is new to the Server supposed to know? Having a whitelist is a very good start, but we've all seen how even that has limitations. How far away is "far enough away" from everyone's locations, and the locations of where they plan to maybe build, or maybe put something there, or maybe someday use that area. The building close to spawn was an honest mistake on his part. Tear it all down if you want to. In fact, I'll log on to the Server and take care of that right the next time I log on. No worries.

If you're looking to publicly humiliate and shame someone on the forums, feel free to bash me all you want. It's just a game. Replace your things via Creative/Admin mode if you need them right away, and rest assured my son won't be back on the Server. In fact, I probably won't be on much anymore either. However, I guarantee that won't mean your (or someone else's) stuff won't disappear and/or get changed again one day. Do you want all the diamonds I've mined? Take them. They're yours. I'll find more, if I decide to play again with any level of dedication.

The first step to solving this is for you to list what all was taken/missing/moved/etc. Then I can work on replacing it, since nobody else is going to step up and admit any level of culpability in this. Even though I and my son had nothing to do with it, it's now my problem to fix, since you've all but straight up said it's my problem to deal with in a public forum. That's cool, I can handle it. Let's fix it.

What do you need to get back?

I think this topic needs to be locked.

I still don't know what Cat lost or even got damaged. This conversation has been dragged out far to long. Without saying this is what I lost how can we fix it.

I think if people have an issue you should not put it out on the forums in a public forum. Why not just shoot them a message and ask. It's not really necessary to say "I saw such and such & this person needs to speak up". I get that baloosh's son was mentioned, but there's a lot of finger pointing. And just unnecessary drama.

Agreed w/ chick.

Also, if it matters, I also don't think baloosh's kid would've gone far enough out to find/loot your place, and when I looked at his stuff there wasn't much left after the returns already made.

I'd say post a list of what went missing, and then lock the thread.

You need me to say something? I don't know what I can say. Do you even have a list of what is missing and/or taken and/or unaccounted for? I think the details of what happened, and how I (and my son) were directly involved has already been stated. He didn't, to the best of my knowledge, mess with any of your stuff. He did start looting when he first logged on the first time, but it was dealt with immediately and everything was returned that I am aware of (to the people whose areas he went into). I guarantee you it wasn't me or my son that took anything from your area. Others, however, I cannot say that about - and to the best of my knowledge, like I said, everything was replaced and/or returned that I had a direct (or indirect) involvement with.

He also did build close to spawn, and probably close to a couple other "unclaimed" claim areas... but without some sort of mechanism in place to lock people out from making changes, how is *anyone* who is new to the Server supposed to know? Having a whitelist is a very good start, but we've all seen how even that has limitations. How far away is "far enough away" from everyone's locations, and the locations of where they plan to maybe build, or maybe put something there, or maybe someday use that area. The building close to spawn was an honest mistake on his part. Tear it all down if you want to. In fact, I'll log on to the Server and take care of that right the next time I log on. No worries.

If you're looking to publicly humiliate and shame someone on the forums, feel free to bash me all you want. It's just a game. Replace your things via Creative/Admin mode if you need them right away, and rest assured my son won't be back on the Server. In fact, I probably won't be on much anymore either. However, I guarantee that won't mean your (or someone else's) stuff won't disappear and/or get changed again one day. Do you want all the diamonds I've mined? Take them. They're yours. I'll find more, if I decide to play again with any level of dedication.

The first step to solving this is for you to list what all was taken/missing/moved/etc. Then I can work on replacing it, since nobody else is going to step up and admit any level of culpability in this. Even though I and my son had nothing to do with it, it's now my problem to fix, since you've all but straight up said it's my problem to deal with in a public forum. That's cool, I can handle it. Let's fix it.

What do you need to get back?

I think this topic needs to be locked.

I still don't know what Cat lost or even got damaged. This conversation has been dragged out far to long. Without saying this is what I lost how can we fix it.

I think if people have an issue you should not put it out on the forums in a public forum. Why not just shoot them a message and ask. It's not really necessary to say "I saw such and such & this person needs to speak up". I get that baloosh's son was mentioned, but there's a lot of finger pointing. And just unnecessary drama.

Agreed w/ chick.

Also, if it matters, I also don't think baloosh's kid would've gone far enough out to find/loot your place, and when I looked at his stuff there wasn't much left after the returns already made.

I'd say post a list of what went missing, and then lock the thread.

Are you guys OK?

At what point did you decide that I'm planning to "humiliate" or that I'm directly saying that it was Baloosh's son or someone else's son/brother/:insertwhateveryouwant:? I've posted here on the forums because I want to investigate PROPER WAY, and because we ARE on GC forum and MC server we play on is GC as well.

DId I say that Baloosh's son did it? I just wanted to hear Baloosh to say what happened.

You don't need the list of my missing stuff, each Item I'm missing has my name. So if you or anyone you know found that has "Cat's..." tag, feel free to return it.

No need to scream out that we need to lock this thread, I see no point. Guess what? -You can just stop reading it, taa-daa!

You've really surprised me with your reaction to this thread, calm down.

P.S. I regained most of my crap by simply make a new one in SURVIVAL MODE.

On a lighter note, WC I'm gonna be waiting for you at 3:00pm after school in the playground. Be ready to rumble.

We can do it the manly way:

Or the fun way:.

Your call.

Well this got out of hand fast... didn't seem too bad yesterday. I think y'all just have a case of the Mondays... wait, it's Tuesday...

Let's not jump to any conclusions meow :dork: Really, we're mostly good people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxuTyXQHqkI

Are you guys OK?

At what point did you decide that I'm planning to "humiliate" or that I'm directly saying that it was Baloosh's son or someone else's son/brother/:insertwhateveryouwant:? I've posted here on the forums because I want to investigate PROPER WAY, and because we ARE on GC forum and MC server we play on is GC as well.

DId I say that Baloosh's son did it? I just wanted to hear Baloosh to say what happened.

You don't need the list of my missing stuff, each Item I'm missing has my name. So if you or anyone you know found that has "Cat's..." tag, feel free to return it.

No need to scream out that we need to lock this thread, I see no point. Guess what? -You can just stop reading it, taa-daa!

You've really surprised me with your reaction to this thread, calm down.

P.S. I regained most of my crap by simply make a new one in SURVIVAL MODE.

This isn't really the way to handle this either. We need to stay calm and collective, not get heated. Anyway, sounds like you got your stuff back, so I'm going to lock this.