Plugins & Hard Mode

Flitterkill

Bukkit plug-ins & hard Mode  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure we need /home. Kind of goes against the spirit of the game when you can just tele out of lava.

Are you telling me, theres a thing that lets people just instantly teleport back home whenever they want..? If so, thats ridiculous, and really goes against the idea of Survival mode.

Oh, and Cat... umm, when I was on my way back from Chicks island I landed around your treehouse and got kind of turned around in the woods under it, and maybe cut a few branches to find my way out. I didnt actually go up to your house though, I wouldnt go in someones personal area without express permission.

Actually /home came in handy in case you got yourself stuck in someone else's claim, or had completely lost your way.

Yes Radio, there is a command that teleports people back home whenever they want. All they have to do is type /home. It was on the old server, and I personally found it took a lot of thrill out of the game. Certain parties really want it back, but, I think it should just be left for the creative world, once established.

Although I'd be fine with it if it was only available after 5 seconds of not taking damage, or when enemies aren't around, or something like that.

Edit: @Dude, getting lost is what F3 is for, but I agree that it *can* be handy for claims.

Edited by Leonebluen

I think it has its pros and cons.

Yes you can use it to escape death though I wish I had done that in the old server maybe I wouldn't have died as much lol.

Either way it's nice when people are or want to be really spread out or far from spawn. Makes it nice to visit people without getting lost (guilty! Lol). And it makes it fun if you want to venture far from home and I mean far far.

As for claims, yes we are a whitelist and we would hope everyone is honest but let's be real about a few things:

1) we do have 2 kids playing and no I'm not saying they would steal (a strong word IMO) the fact is kids will be kids.

2) yeah we are all members and such but that doesn't mean everyone is honest. Yeah we all hope we all are and can trust everyone but temptation to take, borrow, or even prank/break things does happen. Leon took me to his golem farm and someone had taken or just broke 4 of the glass things that hold the water in.

3) creepers (tired of rebuilding my barns lol)

Look, in a perfect world we wouldn't need claims. But the world isn't people aren't perfect. Even in building the Kentucy derby and all the entrances and extravagant entrance I worry someone's going to take a few of the diamond blocks we have up. And it's got lava behind it which means my carpet and wood wall all burn down. That worries me. Less the taking more the if a creeper appears while someone is admiring its beauty and bam all gone. Even I don't go there anymore. I built it and have basically closed it off until safety can be established.

(edited)

Although I'd be fine with it if it was only available after 5 seconds of not taking damage, or when enemies aren't around, or something like that.

I'd love to have /home back , Hate when i get halfway down my mineshaft just to have to turn around and run back because I forgot torches or something. I'd be fine with a few seconds of no damage, but would be tricky with no enemies around because they might just be in a hole in the ground somewhere no threat to you, but preventing you from teleporting just because they are there.

I think the few seconds (3-5) of no damage before teleporting would be the best compromise for both who want it and who don't.

While claims can be kind of annoying, it does help protect projects and areas from coming to any damage( intentional or not).

Edited by Hailfire

As I said, I wish we didn't need claims, but I agree that we probably do.

As far as /home, considering how close together everyone is right now, I think the visiting argument is silly. I can get to anyone's place by traveling like 100 blocks max in the nether, and vice versa.

So I put 2 votes up.

One is do you want /home in both worlds, only I'm creative, or not at all.

And the other which I know a few of us talked about putting a poll up.

Do you want the Survival world kept on hard mode or go back to normal?

Of course people are going to vote yes on things being made easy, but heres something:

The other night FacePalm and I decided to go look around in the abandoned mineshafts. After some fun encounters with some poisonous spider spawners and getting completely turned around in the tunnels, we finally had to very carefully swim up a waterfall to get back out onto the surface. That experience would have been lost if we had the power to instantly teleport back home.

Ill gladly make the trip back up to get torches if I forgot them if it means preserving the feeling of adventure in Survival mode.

• Like 2

Of course people are going to vote yes on things being made easy, but heres something:

The other night FacePalm and I decided to go look around in the abandoned mineshafts. After some fun encounters with some poisonous spider spawners and getting completely turned around in the tunnels, we finally had to very carefully swim up a waterfall to get back out onto the surface. That experience would have been lost if we had the power to instantly teleport back home.

Ill gladly make the trip back up to get torches if I forgot them if it means preserving the feeling of adventure in Survival mode.

I put a poll up lets just see what people want.

If majority want /home cool if not its cool. Some people really want it and some don't. It was on the last world, and I still ended up exploring, I mean if you look at it this way:

If you decide to venture 1k blocks away or so on and get a full bag, yeah you can. /home but you still gotta go all the way back. To where you decided to dig.

Lets just let the vote decide.

Also, Cat just use creative and get your stuff back, since no one knows who took it or what was taken. No ones going to be mad at you for it. I had to hop into creative to rescue Radios stuff from the ender farm when he decided to throw an orb into it lol. (That was terrifying btw being inside the Enders home lol, even though I couldn't die i thought any second now they are all going to kill me lol.

I'm ok with hardmode. /home would be appreciated and it would be needed with claims.

I just put them both up since people have mentioned them both in topic or in vent. Which ever wins its cool.

Btw I put the creative only option even though you can fly so idk if it really matters lol.

honestly im disappointed in my self for always playing on peaceful besides the servers i've played on i have been enjoying hard mode so im happy its staying and technically even if it were to bump down we would have to wait for biggs final decision its all up to him in what he decides.

I think the few seconds (3-5) of no damage before teleporting would be the best compromise for both who want it and who don't.

Does a plugin with that option exist? Link?

I didn't find anything in a 2 minute long google search, so it obviously doesn't.

Anyways, I don't think it'd be too hard to mod the config file for the current /home mod & set a delay on it, perhaps one that makes any movement cancel the action.

• Like 1

This is a pretty cool plugin, that replaces the /home

Scroll Teleportation

Scroll Teleportation lets players teleport with scrolls. A scroll is a sheet of paper with a special lore to it. You can configure this lore yourself. When a player right clicks a scroll it will cast the teleport spell. After a brief delay (configurable) a player is teleported. An effect can be played when the player is teleported. When a player moves during spell casting, the casting is cancelled. (Configurable) You can also set if the destination is hidden or not.

All in all: It's a very simple, yet cool plugin that is very configurable.

Features:

Teleport players via scrolls

Permissions based

Very lightweight

Very simple commands

Very configurable

Set casting time (configurable)

Casting cancelling on move (configurable)

Bypass permissions

Multiworld support

Randomisers (You can teleport a player inside a region at a random place)

Permissions:

- scrollteleportation.teleport Allows a player to use scrolls.

- scrollteleportation.give Allows a player to give scrolls.

- scrollteleportation.walkbypass Allows a player to bypass walking cancellation

- scrollteleportation.delaybypass Allows a player to bypass casting times

- scrollteleportation.usesbypass Allows a player to bypass uses

- scrollteleportation.potioneffectbypass Allows a player to bypass potion effects

- scrollteleportation.set Allows a player to set a variable

- scrollteleportation.create Allows a player to create a scroll

- scrollteleportation.reload Allows a player to reload

Commands:

/scroll Shows some info about Scroll Teleportation.

/st Alias to /scroll.

/scroll give <scroll> <player> Give a player a scroll (player is optional)

/scroll create <scroll> <displayName> <delay> <uses> Create a new scroll.

/scroll reload Reload configuration files.

/scroll set <variable> <scroll> <value> Set a variable of a scroll to <value>

2013-07-21_22.18.57.png.-m1.png

2013-07-21_22.19.12.png.-m1.png

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/scroll-teleportation/

In order to keep the world equal and in people's preference? That's like asking why we don't have a button to get infinite diamonds, but "just don't use it if you think it goes against the spirit of survival!"

I have no problem with it existing if it's wanted, I'm just saying an instant-safety command goes against the spirit of survival, so a vote doesn't seem like too much to ask.

• Like 1

A vote is fine, and I would not have a problem with a delay on /home after taking damage (to prevent it from being the "O Crap" button). I like /home because the minecraft world is so massive, kind of like the hearthstone in world of warcraft, it would be nice to be able to go ahead and return to your "base of operations" type thing without having to run back over the exact same area you just ran to get back to exactly where you knew you were gonna end up.

• Like 1

Why should we have to vote on the /home command? When its available again, those who want it can use it...and if you dont like it...heres an idea! Dont use it!

this. I don't get why there is so much drama over this. Minecraft isn't competitive, one player's success doesn't mean another's failure. Some of us just want to build things on our shroom islands and not have to worry about dying every 10 seconds.

• Like 2