Plugins & Hard Mode

Flitterkill

Bukkit plug-ins & hard Mode  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess I didn't think there was drama over this, just trying to figure out a solution that keeps the survival world from turning into a "tp & hide" server. Why put the difficulty to hard if you're just gonna let people teleport the second they take dmg?

IDC either way weather there is a delay or not. I think once in the old world I did it when I feel into lava and still died at my house, but at least my stuff didn't burn up. Either way, I don't think anyone is really fighting about it. I think a majority want /home and that's fine. I think the vote was good cause there were a few that were against it, and a few who were for it in the creative world, and a few who wanted it. So it let us find what the majority wanted.

I think the scroll thing Marvin posted was pretty cool.

BTW do we know when claims will be back & are we going to have grief prevention? I'm really starting to worry about San's burning my wall down :P

based on this poll most people want /home and claims. Maybe we should just make an executive decision throw it on, if people wanted a modded version continue discussing and we will see what we can do

In order to keep the world equal and in people's preference? That's like asking why we don't have a button to get infinite diamonds, but "just don't use it if you think it goes against the spirit of survival!"

I mean, we already essentially have infinite levels and you have pretty much infinite iron... I agree with the "If you don't want it, don't use it" sentiment. I for one would love the ability to go home after I deliver items to a far-away land.

I don't like /home as is because it takes away the challenge and problem-solving required to get from place to place. Having /home would save players' time and effort... but it really just doesn't seem fun to me...

Still thinking about it. I really just prefer vanilla but I see here that I'm outvoted in that opinion, so I'll do my best to find something. The scrolls are interesting...

based on this poll most people want /home and claims.

I don't see how any desire for claims is represented in this poll.

I feel like the server is doing pretty well being whitelisted, and would like to keep it that way. That said, I really don't want to bring back GriefPrevention. it's on my to-do list to find some alternative way for people to stake claims without all the annoying side-effects that the GreifPrevention plugin causes. Land disputes have really been the only big issue so far since starting the new world.

• Like 1

(edited)

This is a pretty cool plugin that I have seen on a few servers that don't want to use claims either

residencelogocrop.png

About

Residence is different from most protection plugins in that it aims for the users to be able to protect their own homes without having to bother the admin to do it. Residence has support for a variety of different protection types including preventing movement through areas, all of which can be configured by the land owner, and limited by the admin.

Features:

Residence includes many features that help server owners to manage protection. This includes:

Allows players to define protected areas for themselves.

Individual permissions for each protected area. Land owner can give / deny permissions globally or to other specific players.

Different permissions per land include: move, build, use, pvp, fire, teleport, monsters spawn, damage prevention

Support for group permissions on protections.

Multi-World support.

Teleport system to allow users to teleport to residences.

Collision detection system to prevent residences from overlapping.

Limits to protected size can be set up by the admin.

Limits to number of protected areas per player can be set.

Two ways to select land including using the select command, or using a item to select 2 points.

Messages when you enter / leave a residence. (customizable)

Land "leasing" system which requires users to renew the lease on their protection every X number of days or loose the protection. (off by default, see config file)

Recursive Sub-zoning. Create zones within zones, and then zones within those zones...

TONS of configuration for admins. Customize every single flag that players can or cannot use in the config file, based on their permissions group.

(Optional) IConomy support, can set up cost per X number of blocks protected.

(Optional) Permissions support.

In-game help / commands descriptions

Edited by MaRvIn

I don't like /home as is because it takes away the challenge and problem-solving required to get from place to place. Having /home would save players' time and effort... but it really just doesn't seem fun to me...

Still thinking about it. I really just prefer vanilla but I see here that I'm outvoted in that opinion, so I'll do my best to find something. The scrolls are interesting...

based on this poll most people want /home and claims.

I don't see how any desire for claims is represented in this poll.

I feel like the server is doing pretty well being whitelisted, and would like to keep it that way. That said, I really don't want to bring back GriefPrevention. it's on my to-do list to find some alternative way for people to stake claims without all the annoying side-effects that the GreifPrevention plugin causes. Land disputes have really been the only big issue so far since starting the new world.

thats why i built a wall. its not that hard people just mine get some cobble and surround your land. Plus if you are tired of getting lost just download a minimap or something because honestly this cant be that big of a deal. I thought that besides builds we were starting fresh and so far its been fun without plugins. And you keep saying "well if u don't like it don't use it" honestly i find cheating like a addiction once you start its hard to stop so im sorry your suffering withdrawal symptoms.

I think (giving the past) that it would be good if we can go with the Majority.

There's no reason to keep delaying, we can then look for other alternative's like Crasx suggested.

This is a GC server and between the vote & just people talking in vent, a majority would like /home & claims (with grief prevention).

You say it "goes against survival mode", well I'm pretty sure an Iron Golem Farm & an XP farm if you think about it go against the whole "survival mode". If we are being completely honest. I mean really if this was truly survival, we wouldn't be able to get endless xp from a farm or endless iron. We would have to go mine it and kill stuff to get our XP. So that comment really needs to stop about "going against survival".

• Like 1

You say it "goes against survival mode", well I'm pretty sure an Iron Golem Farm & an XP farm if you think about it go against the whole "survival mode". If we are being completely honest. I mean really if this was truly survival, we wouldn't be able to get endless xp from a farm or endless iron. We would have to go mine it and kill stuff to get our XP. So that comment really needs to stop about "going against survival".

That is a very good point, although making a farm using a spawner found in a dungeon is a fair way to farm XP. But making the spawners and stuff like that is clearly ridiculous.

so, is this a competitive server or a relax one? Because if it's competitive we should be killing eachother and stealing resources. The whole argument against /home and creative is that it gives people an unfair advantage... but if there is no competition what good is an advantage?

Sigh... here we go again.

I'm not delaying--literally don't have time at this exact moment to research/implement... try to hang on for a few days, please.

There are many different opinions (see past months of threads) of how a server can be configured... can't accommodate them all in one.

Sigh... here we go again.

I'm not delaying--literally don't have time at this exact moment to research/implement... try to hang on for a few days, please.

There are many different opinions (see past months of threads) of how a server can be configured... can't accommodate them all in one.

I'm not saying you are delaying intentionally at all. We all have real world stuff, and I'm sure it's more than a button and a click and bam it's done. I'm just saying I don't think we should delay it for a few weeks to find plug-ins that appease everyone if that makes sense.

Well, after playing for a bit, I can say the "spirit of survival" doesnt really matter. Its supposed to be us versus the world, but I see now how easy it is with a bit of work and research to bend the world over and make it do what you want, even on hard mode.

Lets try to stop taking this so seriously and have fun together!

• Like 1

I think (giving the past) that it would be good if we can go with the Majority.

There's no reason to keep delaying, we can then look for other alternative's like Crasx suggested.

This is a GC server and between the vote & just people talking in vent, a majority would like /home & claims (with grief prevention).

the point is is that its not part of the actual game. these farms can be done because they are aspects of the game. /home and claims are adding something that should not be added. the iron farm and xp farm are all parts of the games actual mechanics. allowing non admin players to use teleportation goes against the game and so does grief protection. lets say someone wanted to give you a nice prank then they cant do that because you have your land protected. but seriously whats wrong with playing the game how it was supposed to played.

lets say someone wanted to give you a nice prank then they cant do that because you have your land protected. but seriously whats wrong with playing the game how it was supposed to played.

I think it's a game and its fun. It's not hurting anyone to have /home or claims or grief prevention.

Maybe when we put multi-verse on and we have a survival and a creative world we could put in a hard-core land for those that don't want claims or home. And make it a free for all on looting pillaging and pranking. Like hunger games meets pirates lol.

It also wouldn't hurt anyone to create an infinite diamond machine, or to give anyone flying, according to your logic, but it sure takes the effort out of playing on survival.

While we're at it, let's give an invincibility option. Because who cares about whether or not mistakes lead to death.

The point is that you're using flawed logic here, sure it doesn't directly harm anyone to add these things, or the ones I mentioned, but it does go against the way the game was meant to be played. Protect your things w/ claims, I guess,but an easy mechanism to escape any problems you get yourself into, that belongs in a creative world.

• Like 1

I think you are taking a bit far Leone... I agree we don't need to play in a soft squishy nerf MC world but some small comforts aren't far off from someone sitting in a iron farm for days on end so that they can plate everything in iron.

Edit- I am not taking a side in this more so just trying to add how I see things. Creative ruins survival, so there is no point in playing survival if we have creative. However standing in an iron farm that is an exploit that someone found is not survival either, sure you are using your brain to gather materials but an iron farm was never in the plans when iron golems were created. Survival should mean digging a hole and searching for materials that you need to survive.

No matter what happens people need to just have fun and play the game because that's all it is, a game. Games are supposed to make you happy but all the drama going around doesn't seem like happiness to me.. Which is why I have stayed out of most of these debates.

Edited by Madvillain

We put a vote up on the forums the majority decided. This thread seems to be going in a circle.

I think we are all being a bit silly on the whole thing. It's just a game. We aren't playing the hunger games we aren't competing with each other (at least not that I'm aware of because if so I'm pretty far behind my builds then). We are turning something fun into something competitive and arguemenative.

Can we just enjoy the game.

Everyone loves each other!! But I dont think everyone will ever agree completely on what we should and shouldnt have. Im with you Leon, I dont like the idea of an easy out button, and if its implemented I know I have enough self control to not use it. But if it was on the server before, people are going to want it again. In the end if youre smart about things youll usually not even end up in situations where you would need to use it to save your life and/or gear.

So there has to be some kind of middle ground here... someone suggested a delay between taking damage and being able to use the command?

Yay for the spirit of cooperation!

In the end if youre smart about things youll usually not even end up in situations where you would need to use it to save your life and/or gear.

NOW YOU'RE CALLIMG ME STUPID?!?!

goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Feels like the L4D2 forum in here...

good thing l4d2 has been broken

I think you are taking a bit far Leone... I agree we don't need to play in a soft squishy nerf MC world but some small comforts aren't far off from someone sitting in a iron farm for days on end so that they can plate everything in iron.

Are you actually equating a time consuming build which cleverly utilizes the game's spawning mechanics to a mod which fundamentally alters the game? This is just something we give to people and are like "hey, we know they didn't make the game this way, but we're doing it anyways." An iron golem farm, just like xp farms, have been around for numerous game releases, if the creators didn't want these in survival, they wouldn't be possible in survival anymore.

We put a vote up on the forums the majority decided. This thread seems to be going in a circle.

The majority seems to be shrinking. This vote started off with nothing but votes for survival & creative, but now your lead is down to three votes. I'd say it's probably because the vote is a bit misleading. I for one picked both on my first vote because I thought it was just about adding plugins generally, then I realized it was solely about /home and changed my vote. (Reading the title made me skim the questions). I know volcanic did the same.

Also, last time you put up a vote, and it didn't go your way, you put your foot down and said you were ignoring the majority because the server WOULD have creative, end of story. So, I take your focus on democracy with a spoonful of salt.

• Like 1