I hate cats because they're disgusting

Animal

(edited)

I'm taking care of my friend's cat while he figures out his living situation and it's terrible. I have a large dog (a 130lb newfoundland) so I'm okay with things being dirty or even 'drooly' but I wasn't prepared for what a cat brought around.

• It pukes up on my clothes with giant hair balls that look like diarrhea soaked in spinach. I've had to throw them out, I won't wear them anymore. (Dogs get over this once they're potty trained. Cats do not).
  • It fills up this litter box within a week with the stinkiest refuse I've ever had the displeasure of smelling, and unfortunately it's stored in the bathroom next to my computer, and the litter box doesn't hold in the smell. (Dogs go outside).
  • Then it walks inside the litter box and all over my counters, bed, keyboard, desk, and tables after walking in that chamber of scat and urine. It's absolutely disgusting. The urine grosses me out more than the feces. (Dogs go outside, don't step in their excrement and certainly don't walk on your counter-tops).
  • If that weren't enough it's ripping up the blackout curtains in my room with its claws, bringing in the sunlight, and has successfully ripped up both of my new leather couches on the armrests with the same claw marks (Dogs learn when you tell them no or get over things after 1 year old).
  • It continuously slams her face into mine when it wants to cuddle, because it isn't satisfied with clawing the @#$! out of my chest. (Dogs learn when you tell them no).
  • It rips up toilet paper while I'm gone, rips it to the point where I can't use it, then drags the pieces inside its litter box. (Dogs get over this when they're past 1 year old).

I'm sure there's plenty of cat fans out there, especially since this is a gaming forum and computer fans and cat lovers practically go hand in hand. Heck, I even considered getting one about a month ago.

But no longer will I ever consider a cat. They're absolutely filthy and you can't even play with them! It only wants to play when I'm busy and step its soiled paws all over my body. I'm going to be so happy and go on a cleaning spree the second this cat leaves my place! I don't know how anyone can put up with this. :blink2:

Edited by Animal

LOL every cat is different.

If he does puke a lot it might be a good ideal to go at him with a cat brush (they have nice soft ones). Hairballs are always going to happen, BUT if it's a long hair it's really good to brush them out and it might cut down on that. There's also some food for Hairball cats.

Our Cats (we have 2) are very playful and fun. They only Claw on 3 things: The Cat Tree, My Husband's Office Chair (It doesn't hurt anything and it's lasted for years), and the little cat scratches hanging things we have on the doors.

Also, I feel you on the litter box with 2 it's like we got the kings of poopers. BUT we also use a pretty awesome litter that keeps the smell out. We also have a mat under the cat box so when they climb out they wipe their paws on it, lowers the litter trail throughout the house.

They hit you in the head is a sign of affection :), its what they do.

Shut your bathroom door. LOL. Our cats use to like to sit on the toilet bowl and ended up falling in once. So we just keep it shut.

I know it's not your cat, but just remember all animals are different. Just because this one has bad habits doesn't mean they all will :)>

Um... you clean the cat box daily. Litter stays much fresher. Cat cleaner, paws cleaner, etc.

Scoop Away cat litter + scoop with holes in it to let the loose liter fall back + plastic grocery store bags.

Daily.

As the litter gets used, top off with more Scoop Away litter.

Cat will like you for this - they would rather not use a box filled with poop.

My cat has no litter box, whenever he feels a call of nature he does his dirty business into toilet bowl (my father trained him well). Once he is done with it, he either screams so someone can flush it, or hits a metal toilet paper dispenser. He used to flush himself but we changed rope to a button, he can't do it anymore.

Puking happens when you don't brush him.

Scratching furniture is because there is no other things to scratch. Buy a cats repellent.

Don't forget they need to mark their territory. Especially when the get into a new environment.

Don't hate cats. Their nature is different from the dogs.

My cat just whines until we let her outside when she wants to do her business. If we let her alone inside the house, there's always the possibility that she throws up, but she doesn't do it on purpose. At night or when we're not at home, she stays outside. Not a lot of cats can get housetrained completely. She never scratches any furniture.

Here is how to solve the problem quickly and easily

Step 1: Get the cat into the car. In your situation probably want it in the trunk.

Step 2: Drive somewhere decently far and make sure you take enough turns.

Step 3: Open the trunk and spray the cat with water. (Most cats will run away)

Step 4: Go home and have a good day.

1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...