Dota 2 counter heroes

TheDude

Yo. Would like to make this thread on how you counter certain heroes that do very well in your usual pub scene.

My first thought is immediately Spirit Breaker.

My god i hate going against this hero: he's incredibly powerful asa he hits lvl 6, even before that he can pick off enemy heroes from across the map, which makes it hard not to feed him. He dominates so much early to midgame that it gives the real carries so much room to farm. Late game he's not as much as a problem.

Oh yeah and his stupid bashes go through BKB. What's that all about.

Any thoughts on how to counter him properly?

all bashes go through bkb btw, and omniknight is decent v him, just repel whoever he is charging. also you can disrupt his charge with stuns and stuff, vengeful spirit can disable the charge with her swap so shes decently effective, also if your ok at puck you can dodge the charge with phase shift.

another way to beat him is just outfarm him with most any other decent cary, sb has no flashfarm except by farming heros so if hes shut down he doesn't do anything. Another way to win is by 5 maning most of the game, sure he'll pick you off a few times, thats his strength, but his only one. if you 5 man with decent team fight hes not as a fective and then you win,

Many ways to counter him:

Wards. Map vision is very important

Harass him in lane

Gank him during laning stages

Tower push strats

Bait him to tower dive you

5 Man

Disables

A lot of things to through BKB. BKB isn't the godmode item.

Edited by onyxdragoon

I agree with everything except the tower dive thing. Because when you flee to your tower you usually are pretty low already.

The biggest problems are winning (or losing) a fight, retreating with very little health to your tower or on the way to your base as he charges you.

If you're a support and you die but he dies also, it is a good trade.

Try to bait him without being too low also you should have someone in your lane with you anyways. If his lane partner dives too most likely he will die.

Using fog of war during the bait is very useful. All lanes have tree mazes and traps and extended walkways if you cut 1 tree down.

Also, SB should not be able to kill you if he tower dives you during laning stages.

Edited by onyxdragoon

• 3 weeks later...

If you hook him. Make you sure dismember right away and have teammates with you.

I would say Necrolyte but his passive change helps him survive the ult.

Blademail before he ults you.

Huskar has no way to escape a good coordinated gank. His heal though can help him tremendously. So stun lock him and silence him instead of slows.

The basic vs melee/short range in lane like I put on SB countering.

Edited by onyxdragoon