Grand Theft Auto V

boiler

No chatter on this thus far 'round these parts, but I for one am very excited to get my hands on this. I have been trying not to read/watch a lot of the preview stuff, but the multiplayer aspect looks like a BLAST.

I remember trying GTAIV multiplayer with Jackie, Ebil, and one or two other people, and for that short period of time, it was awesome. Not sure we ever actually left the dock area where we started, as we started crashing cars into each other, scrambling for/crashing the nearby helicopter, and racing for the rocket launcher on the roof.

Anyone else looking to dive into this?

If you skipped GTA: San Andreas, then I has a sad for you. Vice City had a very good storyline behind it. I really enjoyed GTAIV and played they hell out of it, but it did take itself a little too seriously and getting calls from Roman to go bowling during a high speed chase got annoying fast. The DLC Ballad of Gay Tony was awesome though.

I got really burned out and sick of the *required* racing missions or required missions with time that was unrealistically hard. I played some of IV but never got too far (got bored with it) I hated the whole gangster thug feel of San Andreas.

I guess I need to reevaluate and look into this one though since I'm hearing such good things about it.

I agree Vice City was pretty awesome, I loveeeeed it.

My favorite part about San Andreas was the freedom and the map. I remember when I got to the point of finally leaving Los Santos, I was all "holy crap, I get to drive through all this countryside to get to ANOTHER CITY??" (I went into it totally blind and hadn't looked at the whole map yet). The size of the world blew my mind. The over-the-top humor and situations were what made it lasting fun though. Hopping into one of those VTOL jets and screwing around.... so much fun and so many memories!

My favorite part about San Andreas was the freedom and the map.

This, although SA was gang related but still, it is about freedom and fooling around. Not to mention awesome radio stations, which I must admit did also have VC.

GTA IV was more realistic based game play. Ok, people did use later custom matches and mods, but was quite difference to SA.

About GTA V : I'll have to hide myself from internet because I really don't wanna get spoiled by any gameplay related to GTA V. I want to discover things on my own, and the same time, I really don't want to expect too much althought it's a GTA V aka Rockstar!

San Andreas was so good, so many memories.

GTA 4 sucked. My TV can display more colors than just grey, and it also took itself too seriously gameplay wise.

That's what I liked about GTA 4, it was more serious. If I want crazy goofy, Saint's Row does that beyond what GTA ever has.

Is this confirmed for PC yet?

Nope. NVIDIA supposedly leaked that it's coming to PC, but no one really knows.

Edited by VooDooPC

OR YOU COULD JUST BUY IT FOR CONSOLES LIKE GOD INTENDED RAWWWWR!!!

Don't give me that "well I want to be able to mod it" argument, or the "it's soooooooo much purdier on PC". Stop it. Just stop it. If you want to screw around with insanely stupid outfits/circumstances/mods/etc, that's why Saint's Row was invented. :biggrinjester:

:D

Don't give me that "well I want to be able to mod it" argument, or the "it's soooooooo much purdier on PC". Stop it. Just stop it. If you want to screw around with insanely stupid outfits/circumstances/mods/etc, that's why Saint's Row was invented. :biggrinjester:

I want to play GTA V at 60fps+ instead of sub 30. :)

I can't use a console controller. THANKS A LOT MAN :'(

I'm sure he meant Rockstar when he said God

• Like 1

I'm sure he meant Rockstar when he said God

Wait, they aren't interchangeable? ;)

I want to play GTA V at 60fps+ instead of sub 30. :)

So on a console then?

The Xbox 360 couldn't run Minesweeper at 60+fps at 1080P!

Did you play GTA IV on a console? It ran like poop. ...of course at the time so did the PC version because it was an awful port....

Ok, I suppose one could say "it ran like GTA on a console", since every one I've ever played had the occasional hiccup and texture pop in. Didn't ruin any of the experience for me though. I also can't help but notice you dodging the Minesweeper controversy.

GTA is the only game i prefer to use a controller on console over my PC for.

Greatest soundtrack of any game in history = GTA Vice City

Greatest explorability and freedom = GTA San Andreas

Greatest graphics and realism = GTA IV

Greatest of all of that combined?? = GTA V I'm hoping.

As you can tell I'm a huge fan of this series. Ever since I picked up my first prostitute in GTA 3 in high school, I've loved this game lol. They all usually have really good story lines as well as replay value. San andreas was the most fun for the amount of content they crammed in, and with NO LOAD TIMES between cities. That was huge when it came out.

GTA V is a remake of San Andreas if I'm correct. Same cities/map, different storyline. I honestly can't wait for it to come out.