Team !swap Script Idea

rhorizon

I ran into a situation tonight where the teams were heavily unbalanced but I wasn't able to switch teams to self-balance because the server was packed full.

Is there a script out there that we could implement (or create) that would allow users to swap with another willing player given a certain point/PPM imbalance in the teams?

Example:

The command !swap would be called by someone willing to swap sides and would require a !swap response from a player on the opposite team. The server then analyzes if the swap would imbalance or solve the balance issues between the teams. If it's agreeable in the numbers, the server swaps the two volunteers for each other's team spots. If multiple players call !swap, then it falls to the player with the most agreeable variables or the first player to answer to the original !swap.

It allows teams to be adjusted without admin input, would prevent stacking via the numbers check (whatever check would normally be used to prevent stacking), and allows for switching teams when agreeable and when no open spots are available on either side.

In a perfect world, we can adjust ourselves without leading to further imbalance.

Am I crazy? Did I miss something? Is my idea bad and I should feel bad? :P

The plugin that handles "team balance" already fails to do the task its assigned. I think it wouldn't be able to perform a just decision on whether allowing two players to swap would be fair.

The first goal should be to implement a team balance / team scramble system that actually works.

Also, it isn't a perfect world. The system would likely be exploited so that friends could stack with each other, unfortunately.