HEY!

General

How come people stopped posting in this forum?

I actually lost a lot of weight since new years (56 pounds) and gained some weight in muscle.

Getting too skinny so I'm starting to supplement.

And for those who work out, what's the max you can bench. I managed to do 150 pounds cast iron, 5 times.

I hope people start posting in this forum, I'd like to see what kind of workouts everyone is doing, if any.

That's awesome man, I been working out and changing my diet and I've lost 60 pounds (put 5 back on but it happens). Feels so good! I use to weightlift in high school, it's a good workout.

seriously grats on the awesome job! Keep it up maybe we can all motivate ppl and looney awesome job.

Well these are a few things I used:

http://youtu.be/RimYWd1jMDs

http://youtu.be/1xn5BGk8eTo

And seriously one of the realest things that ever motivated me:

I need to start working out again, and honestly watch this video every time you think it's too hard, or it's to tough, or you can't do it, or you can't do another work out or maybe you are starting to lose faith or hope.

No doubt, gotta stay fit.

I workout for about 2 and half hours a day, sometimes an hour and a half for 6 days a week.

that one day break for my muscles I use to workout on cardio, 3 hour jog.

It actually gets fun working out and losing weight when you start to notice the results.

Good music always makes it less boring too.

For chest, flat bench, inclined bench, decline benched, cable crossover flys, lat bench dumbbell flys, alternating single arm dumbbell bench press(there's probably a better name for this), and static bench press(this may also have a better name). I was also doing a lot of plyometric stuff with kickboxing involving chest and rest of upper body. I just recently started lacing up the gloves again, had a bit of a mental block after my snapped bicep tendon, in regards to throwing my hands around again.

Ps. Legs are most important. Don't be that guy doing chest everyday at the gym. :)

That's pretty intense man, I should probably get to the gym some time this year(all I got is a bench.)

What I do for my workouts is decline bench, flat bench, inclined bench.

After that I do 500 sit ups for my stomach, sometimes I do crunches.

I agree on the the legs, I do squats with 100 pounds on my back.

Curls, reverse curls, and I finish off with deadlift,

By the way, how long do you workout for? Usually takes me an hour and a half, to 2 hours to finish depending on how I'm feeling is feeling.

No 2 hour lifting sessions are very long and can be dangerous if your body isn't already used to the amount of stress 2 hours of lifting would put on a person. Back in high school I did hour and a half lifting sessions and 30 minutes of cardio for track/football conditioning and I was only able to keep that up for about a month. I wouldn't recommend trying that much physical exercise unless you have been lifting regularly for a while. I wouldn't be able to do 2 hour lifting sessions now if I wanted to.

Also I'm curious what exercises do you do for 2 hours straight? If you are just working out every muscle group I would recommend you focus on two to three muscle groups per day for you lifting sessions. You will see more results also exercising every muscle group, having an "everything" day, puts a large amount of strain on your body its really not healthy. You need to give your muscles a chance to recover because the act of working out actually "tears" your muscles and they repair stronger than last time.

Also, cardio is gross.

Edited by BlackYoshi

Supplementing helps a lot with recovery and muscle growth, of course you should only supplement if you're trying to bulk or increase performance in a short amount of time.

Depends on the supplement, protein supplement should only be used when paired with working out. I take my pill supplements daily even if i miss a workout or go on vacation.

2 hours too much Gen, you cray! When I work out with my, it's usually right after work on the way home. I'm pretty hungry by then, so we get our stuff done in an hour then hit the road. I thought anything more than an hour didn't really matter unless you just did cardio after or before lifting I guess.

I just started doing some protein shakes, solely after working out though. I do like to just have a piece of bread or at least something before working out since I eat lunch at 12.

My buddy who's trying to gain was around 140 2 months ago, now he's 160 lean and an inch taller than me. He's killing it but also taking protein/calories like crazy. It's weird that we're only 10lbs apart from each other.

The absolute main thing is to have enough protein in normal foods or in shakes. You NEED it if you're going to be lifting or doing serious weight loss.

• Like 1