!Votekick While Admin is on! Why cant we?

GummyBear

Jumping off ledges/ladders/into kill zones, repeatedly downing themselves, rushing, etc: Trolling/griefing

Constantly falling prey to spit, lagging behind, getting mobbed, ending a surv round with 30+ points: We've all been there

I've rarely seen situations where there has been legitimate trolling and that person wasn't dealt with by an admin. The few times I've noticed it, I made the call out over chat, and started a !votekick if necessary.

That's it. That's the plan. That's community. Work together - admins included. There doesn't need to be a complicated, drawn out, "members get more power" plan here because we're all enabled to do the right thing and make the call outs. If you're frustrated with how it's currently being dealt with, talk to an admin. If you want to take a hands on approach with it, apply for admin.

In my opinion, if you have any other perceived issue and you've not tried talking it out, you can vote with your presence.

• Like 1

Whats the difference between trolling and griefing? If there is none, stop using troll. As far as I know theres no way to "troll" in the server, since everyone practically has the same access to everything.

If you dont like the way someone is admining, make a post with proof. Just dont let it turn into a tinkleing into the wind match like what happen with Lookback. Someone tinkleing against the wind and everyone joined in saying "THIS IS FUN!", at least thats how I recall it happened.

We also cant have our Admins become Judge, Jury and Executioner. They would just ban everyone straight out. Admins will stay Judge, Members will stay Jury (Unless you come onto the forums to be an donkey, then they're Executioners too).

'Help your teammates and they will help you.' The other side of the coin is: 'Don't help your teammates, and you'll get left behind.'

Of course new players (who basically can't even help themselves for a while :happy: ) should be helped out anyways.

I was playing on the same team as Gummy when this happened. This is what happened if i recall correctly...

It was at the begining of the sacrifice campaign. There was an admin on each team. The player lingering near the docks was urged repeatedly to move forward by some people, but he stayed at the back for at least a minute. This is enough time for every infected to get a piece of him more than once. Naturally, the survivor team was frustrated because we had to babysit him while he was ignoring us and struggling to hit his W key towards his team. Gummy asked to votekick, but the admin said no since there are admins on. Gummy initiated a votekick but got kicked himself.

Although gummy should've let the admins do their job, it was quite harsh for him to get kicked. The votekick should just be vetoed and let gummy off with a warning. In this particular situation, I felt that the admins should've been much more active in pushing the player forward--such as giving him 3 warnings before getting kicked. At the very least, a vocal warning of the consequences. He was messing around in the back for far too long.

Most members in this scenario would give this player the benefit of the doubt that he is new and not griefing, so they will try to guide him in the right direction. But if he chooses to ignore the team continuously, then of course prompt action should be taken. Gummy's votekick is absolutely justified in the absence of admins.

Edited by primereed

I didn't really feel like posting, a lot of what I thought has already been said, but I feel at this point that I should throw in my two cents.

One of the most annoying things for me in being an admin is when regular members believe that they know how a situation can be handled better than the admin in question, and then take matters into their own hands.

This situation for example, has someone that we've agreed is probably new, not really knowing how to move forward with the rest of the team, and therefore, getting picked apart while the survivors attempt to babysit him. Now, I can understand annoyance on the part of the other survivors, I've experienced it myself, but there isn't a lot you can do in this situation, because vote-kicking someone new to the server is a sure-fire way of saying "Hey, welcome to GamersCoalition, now get out and don't bother coming back."

While you may see it as harsh that Gummy was kicked by the admin, you have to remember that he completely disregarded the authority of the admin in question. If you're told to not start a vote kick, but you do so anyway, what is to stop other members and newer people to the server from thinking "Hey, we don't have to listen to the admins, we can follow our own rules."

I believe that kicking Gummy, while unfortunate due to the circumstances, was the right move on the admin's part. We have to show that you can't just ignore those chosen to enforce the rules of the server. We are not above the members, but we are those given the power to try and make situations more enjoyable for them. At times, it can suck, and people can hurl abuse at you, but we do it to try and make the game a better experience for the rest of you.

In regards to the other issues raised in this thread, if you have problems with admins, post on the forums and let someone know, like crasx or Jackie, and they can have a word, get things sorted for you. I stand fully behind the "no !votekick while an admin is online" because it's in the job description that when the call arises, we put the job before having fun ingame. If we don't do exactly as you want us to do when dealing with someone, I can understand your annoyance and anger, but taking matters into your own hands should not be an acceptable solution to this situation.

Edited by tainted92
  • Like 1

When someone starts a votekick, people ram that F1 button to make the scary screen go away without giving it a second thought. If have no problems with a votekick as such, but i want to know about it before it starts. There's three scenarios:

1. I have been watching the person awaiting a kick and don't think he deserves a kick just yet -> I veto the kick (and warn the member if necessary)

2. No idea who they are talking about, but if there's more than one member complaining they are probably right so i let the kick go through.

3. I curl my legs up into my chest, close my eyes and think of pancakes.

• Like 3

I was kicked from the server before from a !votekick. For being a noob and for not staying with the team through a corn field where a smoker would get behind me and drag me back. People thought for some reason I was trying to just slow them down, when in reality I was stuck and only one person would help and the rest would get angry. Long story short I was downed at the very last part from a smoker grabbing me right before I got into the safe room and again people were screaming noob and troll and other things and then I was kicked. Just because someone can't play or doesn't know how to play and an admin is on let them handle it. I know I'm saying the same as everyone else with that. Admins are admin for a reason though! The board members and other admins chose them because they show they have what it takes for the job. Anyone can pay $15 to be a member. But you have to earn the right to admin.