Good Ol' Purchased Fire

blqmagic

Sooooo Yesterday I got into a late game and was playing a round for a good 30 mins before a great point was brought up.

Can we do something about the flammable objects that we purchase (more so the Firework box)

Personally I think it is a great object to buy but at the same time it is a little OP due to the fact that flammable objects in the game kill massive zombies, S.I., WItches, and Tank. Alone a player is able to get at least 3 - 4 points just buy using fire.

Just wondering if we can do something about them such as: Increase the price for them, have them do damage to the survivors as well, Etc.

Lol I always buy Molly's yeah they are more expensive, but I don't have to worry about someone shooting them (Yoshi) and I always seem to buy them when i have to reload, plus with a Molly I can throw it wherever I want.

It gets a little annoying at the end of rounds when ppl buy 20 boxes and shoot them off just for fun.

• Like 1

I'd say 4 points for fireworks makes more sense. Mollies are obviously superior, so if you make them the same point cost you'll just render fireworks irrelevant.

That's assuming you want to change them, of course. I think you're all approaching the issue wrong if you're just considering whether or not fireworks are super strong. Obviously, they are; however, I'd say the server is fairly well balanced between the infected and survivor TEAMS, which is really all that matters. You gimp the survivors #2 buyable, and suddenly the infected could have a very large advantage.

Edited by Leonebluen

i always think to buy fireworks when i'm incapped to keep hordes off me, but then remember that the box is invincible until you have a non incapped player pick it up -_-

Can this be fixed btw? So it doesn't spawn as invincible?

i always think to buy fireworks when i'm incapped to keep hordes off me, but then remember that the box is invincible until you have a non incapped player pick it up -_-

It doesn't spawn as invincible, it only happens when ever you're holding it, and get incapped before dropping it.

It doesn't spawn as invincible, it only happens when ever you're holding it, and get incapped before dropping it.

or if you buy too many, say buy one, buy another without "dropping it"

A more reasonable price for fireworks would be 8pts - atm it seems they're just being spammed all over the place whether infected are about or not and it's not unusual for someone who has them on a bind key to get a few dozen towards the end of a map.

I agree fire has always been a very effective item, should probably cost more. There are some tradeoffs between fireworks/gascan and molotovs. Yes, molotovs are controllable, but it takes some time to switch weapons and throw the molotov. Fireworks you can just drop on the ground and shoot when you want it to go off. Fireworks can even deter a tank from attacking before they are activated, which can be nice as well.

4 points sounds good

Also can you make it so whoever buys fireworks gets the points. Sick of dropping fireworks just to have someone pick them up and run off

PS Please make it so bile can only be picked up not purchased. Too many people are buying it now and ruining the tanks chance of doing any damage

• Like 1