Good Ol' Purchased Fire

blqmagic

I like the selfdamaging fire. Not our fault you keep setting yourselves ablaze. Think before you... firework

I just had the thought of The Dude singing Katy Perry's "Firework" but making the lyrics about firework crates on L4D2...

In other news, I like the fireworks as they are now, with the fire damage, you've got to be more tactical about using them, and you don't see them used as often

I set off fireworks now, in spots to stop infected and on incaps, to protect them. The problem is, when I drop them on incaps, I then don't want to pick up them up because I will be taking damage. So I either try picking up the incaps, while being attacked, which is sometimes pointless or I drop fire/fireworks on the incaps and hope someone else will pick them up in my fire. I just think we can come up with a better solution

I set off fireworks now, in spots to stop infected and on incaps, to protect them. The problem is, when I drop them on incaps, I then don't want to pick up them up because I will be taking damage. So I either try picking up the incaps, while being attacked, which is sometimes pointless or I drop fire/fireworks on the incaps and hope someone else will pick them up in my fire. I just think we can come up with a better solution

The solution is ban Peanut.

• Like 2

I second that motion!!!

I like the selfdamaging fire. Not our fault you keep setting yourselves ablaze. Think before you... firework

I just had the thought of The Dude singing Katy Perry's "Firework" but making the lyrics about firework crates on L4D2...

In other news, I like the fireworks as they are now, with the fire damage, you've got to be more tactical about using them, and you don't see them used as often

don't know about other people but i tend to put 2 crates on either side of myself if i get boomed now

also i would like to point out that only like 50 players buy like 70% of all the fireworks

Edited by swatfishy

also i would like to point out that only like 50 players buy like 70% of all the fireworks

who are they, i want the list

Lol there's 20 people on the server which 15 are usually always regulars guessing your list of 50 includes them you are saying at any give time 11 of those 15 set off 95% of the flame lol jkjk.

Seriously though there are like 2-4 ppl who love at the end of a round to drop it like the 4th of July. And it's annoying.

I'm pretty sure swat is one jk :P.

All in all I like the point upgrade and idk I'm indifferent about the whole damaging the person who set it off. It's kinda of made teamwork important ie I set it off and someone else picks peanut up (cause he's always incapped)

• Like 1

Seriously though there are like 2-4 ppl who love at the end of a round to drop it like the 4th of July. And I love it!

I always enjoy that, its like a GFX card test but out of control

UPDATE:

oh my SPEAKING OF WITCH.

JACKIE. Can we PLEASE add this to our plugin?

Plugin link:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1441088

this could be great fun!

Edited by Soap

who are they, i want the list

Lol there's 20 people on the server which 15 are usually always regulars guessing your list of 50 includes them you are saying at any give time 11 of those 15 set off 95% of the flame lol jkjk.

Seriously though there are like 2-4 ppl who love at the end of a round to drop it like the 4th of July. And it's annoying.

I'm pretty sure swat is one jk :P.

All in all I like the point upgrade and idk I'm indifferent about the whole damaging the person who set it off. It's kinda of made teamwork important ie I set it off and someone else picks peanut up (cause he's always incapped)

during the day hours its like only 2-4 people who put down crates, on fri night all reg games probably 10-12 put down crates.

yea lol it is pretty annoying but actually a good strategy because the stacked fire damage insta kills basically all SI (and I am one lol)

the biggest problem with the fire damage is that you cant protect yourself using the fire, so you have to rely on a teammate putting fire down or just shooting the common off of you......which happens a lot less than it should........

No.

:( it would be so pretty (And so often)

I made a video yesterday evening, we can have what appears to be 40+ fireworks crates go off at time without crashing the server.

http://youtu.be/9Wa0KdIZ0Zc

After that number....nearing 100 it crashes hard. Sound fades, then the game abruptly shuts off:

Regardless of putting l4d2.exe in higher priority on the CPU and loading (heapsize) as much of the game into memory as possible.

Reminds me of the good ol' days with the explosion command in the admin menu. Still remember skeeting Talpa with it once--man that was epic.

But yeah that definitely crashed the server a few times. :happy:

Soap whats the difference between gascans and firework crates?

Oh I declare, I didn't imagine you'd name drop me like that! :blush:

One, I thought was more damaging (Fireworks) than the other.

I agree

I agree

here here

the selfdamaging fireworks, gascan, molly is fine so far except for in the case that peanut said, throw fire and hope someone else picks them up

Get rid of all throwables, and all fireworks, except those that arise naturally in the game.

Problem solved completely and forever.

So do you wanna get rid of buying tanks and !heal too?