Etiquette

Mercman

Well last night there was a long line of people waiting to play L4D2.

I wont use the real names to save player "b" the embarrassment.

We had player "a" waiting at least two maps to join (not afk just patiently waiting to join) . Player "b" connects to the server and butts in front of player "a"

We had told player "b" that player "a" had been waiting a long time to join but it fell on deaf ears. Tried to swap them but it would not do it

I think we all lost respect for player "b" , I know i did.

If it is ok I will kick/ban the next person that does this

Player "b" if you read this that was WAY uncool

(Actually this had happened to me before but i let it slide)

• Like 2

Was EVERYONE on the server a member? If so, I'm going to assume that person A and B were also members.

I do want to say, "you snooze, you lose", but yeah, it's pretty unfair. It'd be too much hassle to institute some kind of addition to the teams plugin to enforce a player join queue.

I also want to say that if A is actively trying to join and whatnot and someone cuts in front of them, kick the player who cutted in front. B can come back and try again and ask why. Kicking someone is the best way to get their attention. Banning them is the best way to get them to come to the forums.

Was present at the time. All members and it went down the way Mercman said it did. We asked player B to go spec and let player A in, because they had been waiting through two maps and player B just wouldn't. Player A was very gracious and didn't make a fuss, but I thought it was pretty inconsiderate of player B.

I probably would have swapped B in to spec if player B didn't graciously step in to spec to let A in.

I'd probably have kicked B.

In retrospect I agree, however we were wrestling with the fact that, at that moment, this person may not have actually broken any rules per se. What this person did was kind of a grey area and if we would've kicked this person for that, at least one of us would be in the forums defending ourselves, because player B's diaper got wet over being kicked for kind of not really doing anything wrong. It was just in poor taste and most of us would not want to be treated that way, even player B. I personally think it's always better in every aspect of ones life to just go around being nice to people. I don't think we need a thousand new rules, because it's counter productive to having fun, but it is an interesting discussion. I know when I am in spec (from the 1st day I have played here as a member) if it was unclear who was hear first I would always let the other person go first. If I accidentally pinched a spot, I would apologize and go back to spec and let that person in. If I texted the person several times and they don't move into the spot (cause they are afk or something) I go ahead and jump in. There my 2 cents is spent :)

• Like 2

There would be absolutely no reason for someone's jimmies to be rustled over a kick. If they get seriously mad over a kick because they're unresponsive and come back fists flying, they might not be the kind of person we would want in GC anyway... Getting kicked != Getting banned. They're free to come back immediately, ask why, get the response, and move on.

When it happened, I think we were kind of surprised that the player didn't listen and "do the right thing". The original player waiting, had actually been waiting for 2 entire maps (so it wasn't like one joined a little ahead of the other, it was a very long time she was waiting). During that time, it was all members and no one left. Finally someone left and the new member just quickly joined. A member on one of the teams kept asking him to go back to spec. I tried swap a few times, but it didn't work, I guess since one player was in spec. Eventually another member volunteered to sit out and let the person that had patiently waited, join and play. I wasn't sure if it was something we should kick over. Usually members in that situation are good about who goes in first.

I steam chat during games frequently with the person that did this. I will tell him not to do it again.