Changing Full Heal

JackieChan

Personally, I oppose the diminishing returns option for the fullheal nerf. Here's why: although it sounds nice, the truth is that this type of nerf disproportionately affects different maps. For example, it would do nothing to the survivors on short maps, and it would make the longest maps nearly impossible to complete. Sure, it would have its intended effects on the mid-length maps, but it wouldn't properly affect shorter and longer maps.

I'd say a base nerf would be better overall, because it would make all the maps comparably more difficult, rather than leaving short maps easy and long-maps impossible.

Funny you should say that, because the full heal extended longer maps, back when I played.

I think you should make full heal work kind of like how Infected buys work. Say have Survivors start with 5 Full Heals, you have to either buy more slots for it and "reload" it, once you use a full heal its gone. Max out at 8 Slots for Full Heal, have the upgrades be 30%~50% of what it costs to actually use Full Heal, and a reload 50%~75% of what a Full Heal costs. I think there should be more incentive to purchase say Health Kits and Pills over a Full Heal, I personally think they should be more reserved than anything. Maybe even have a "Med Kit Speed Boost" in the menu for intensive to use it over Full Heal, which is instant.

Or, what was I also thought, is that Survivors start out with 0/?? loads of Full Heal, and say every 3rd or 7th Special Infected kill you get one load for Full Heal. So Full Heals are rewarded for playing good as a Survivor.

But not only does being efficient in killing things gets you more points, but it would get you more "full heal" uses.

wouldn't that fill up the slots very fast? if it was "every 3rd or 7th Special Infected kill you get one load for Full" or even 10 or whatever....you kill so many infected in one game that doesn't seem hard

decrease the cost of infect med kit and we will call it even =)

And this is coming from someone who buys ALOT of med kits though a map 4-7. The fact that you have to stand still to heal leaves you open quite a bit.

Have you consider increasing the cast time for medkits instead? give it more of a risk vs. reward effect. Half the time where i get incapped from spit is healing someone or getting healed not to mentioned high pounced charged and boomed.

EDIT:

Oh your where talking about !heal. Same Thing risk vs reward. Give it a uninterruptible cast time so infected have more of a chance to react and a server announcement. Seen something similar on a old LFD2 server worked out well.

15 points is a huge investment for anyone who isn't a really good shot and I notice most of the time 2 people on a team are getting over 50% of infected kills combined.

Etc. Jiggler, swatfish, Got 6 =P

Edited by shadowscout

Here's my thoughts on full heals:

First heal resets your incap counter to 3 (as if you used a medkit) and heals you to full.

Second heal resets your incap counter to 2 (so if you go down two times you'll be black/white) and heals you to full.

Third heal resets your incap counter to 1 (so if you go down one time you'll be black/white) and heals you to full.

Fourth doesn't reset your incap counter (so you stay black/white) but it heals you to full.

Fifth onward doesn't reset your incap counter (so you stay black/white or wherever it's at) and heals you for HALF of the total health you're missing.

This will result in players using their instant heals sparingly, but also force them to use medkits if they want to reset their incap counter after the first full heal.

Just my thoughts on it, though I haven't played on the server in a while, so I'm not sure if any changes to the heal purchase have been implemented yet.

The great thing about the usage from 5 onward is players will likely wait until they have as low health as possible in order to get as much out of the purchase as possible.