Liquid Cooling: Guides, How-to's, Trusted Sites

LiMiT

Yo,

So, with my next build I'm going to dive into the world of liquid cooling. I'm most likely going to play it safe with a Corsair H100i for my first attempt, but I want to get some tips from anyone here who have built their own or have any experience. A quick Google search lists a lot of forums and sites and I've bookmarked a few for future reading but if anyone has a trusted source or guild that they would recommend I would appreciate it.

S.

I just installed the H100i into my just recently upgraded rig. Depending on what case you have it is super easy to install. I kept my Coolermaster Haf X case which is a monster so I had plenty of room to install the dual radiators at the top but I have seen it done differently in smaller cases. You don't deal with any water or anything and it does come pre-applied with thermal paste so no worries about that little bit either. The H100i keeps my upgraded rig super cool(temp wise). Just for reference I upgraded my motherboard, memory, cpu, graphics card, and CPU cooler(H100i). I had parts that were about 3 years old and needed a full upgrade. Pretty much just kept my case and drives.

Hope your build goes well and definitely a great choice on the CPU cooler as long as you don't have a super small case.

Also went to Tom's Hardware for lots of different advice for parts. You can also find lots of different guides through the forums and probably more recent ones.

Edited by DragonFire

Holy dust balls, Fenix. Clean that case out! Mine is pretty bad also so I shouldn't be talking. :P

I'm going with the Haf xB case. Really digging the test bench design. Going with the top windowed version and get it powder coated. Plenty of room on the front for the H100i and going to do it in a pull configuration. Right now I'm just going with a cpu cooler and maybe a custom loop in the future. The Haf xB has a decent amount of room, but I've seen a few custom loops done in them with very little tubing and plenty of room at the bottom for more radiators and larger pumps.

S.