Remove explosive clips?

Samson

(edited)

It has happened several times where just using it completely shuts down the infected attacks. I find it incredibly overoverpowered because the infected cannot do anything about it.

Chargers in hallways/alleys/tunnels like the sewer drop in The Parish? Oh no problem. Explosive ammo.

Someone bought a witch? Explosive ammo.

Tank? Explosive ammo.

Also, I understand that the clip size isn't that big but it's definitely more than enough - and I'm just talking about one survivor here, it's even worse when multiple people have it.

Edited by Samson

explosive rounds were brought up a while ago as being op. they aren't the cheapest thing and really the only times they are consistently used is in situations where the infected have a huge choke-point advantage. I think they should stay as is. with that sewer drop in parish, if you couldn't have explosive ammo, potentially on this server there would be no way for the survivors to make it through. if chargers are getting stopped, maybe have 2-3 chargers going at the same time instead of one at a time.

I did put a cost increase nerf to explosive ammo before a long while ago. In my experience, people tend to use it in certain situations and definitely not used as much as spammyworks.

Dang it, now this just gives me something else to try to think about how to fix.

I think it should remain, I mean isn't it suppose to help with choke points, tanks and witches?.

It's really about that pre-fire, 'cause you can't be stopped if you charge before you're hit by explosive ammo.

It's also really useful when the infected team is stacked.(choke points being the worst for stacked infected.)

When I think about it, removing anything that's found in the Vanilla version of L4D2 just to balance things isn't something I want to do. I'd rather have them in there being an annoyance than taken out of the game entirely. Maybe it just needs a price increase.

Sometimes I think it would be more fun if Survivors had to find the items that they bought instead of getting them instantly. Could you make it so the map started out bare and only filled up with ammo/guns/health as Survivors spent points to spawn those items?