Jockey Buff?

Bot

I found this topic:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/40724-l4d2-buff-jockey/?hl=%2Bjockey+%2Bbuff

About how the jockey had a jump before the server was reinstalled. Should it be brought back or should the jockey be buffed. Maybe a buff for health or speed when they're on or off a survivor. Out of all the infected, I only see the jockey seriously being used like twice a map. Being able to shoot through walls combined with the jockey's weak health makes it pretty underpowered.

I heard gc likes to keep it vanilla, but a vanilla jockey in a 10v10 setting doesn't seem to work very well. Does anyone agree?

I think its good the way it is. However, more often then not I find that the jockey is one of the hardest infected to work with. The only way to really get good hang time is if you have charger cover, if you don't then you're as good as dead. Not sure if that warrants a buff or not but I've always said that the jockey should be able to jump.

Edited by BlackYoshi

With good teamwork, a jockey can be extremely effective as he can isolate a survivor and gain a huge amount of points pretty quickly. Don't think any of the SI have any 'buffs', aside from gaining more or less points for specific actions.

Jockey is the most situational infected out of them all. Smokers and Chargers have their spots, Hunters have their high pounces which are infinitely useful, Spitters are chokepoint creators and can screw up a team royally if used in the right situation. Jockeys are by far the hardest to compensate for.

Bot

I think its good the way it is. However, more often then not I find that the jockey is one of the hardest infected to work with. The only way to really get good hang time is if you have charger cover, if you don't then you're as good as dead. Not sure if that warrants a buff or not but I've always said that the jockey should be able to jump.

I think the jockey should be able to jump as well, and that's what the old thread was about. It was originally there but wasn't put in after the server updated (or something). I think it'll be fair because like you said, the jockey needs to have good cover. Plus, it's pretty fragile so I think that balances out the ability to jump.

With good teamwork, a jockey can be extremely effective as he can isolate a survivor and gain a huge amount of points pretty quickly. Don't think any of the SI have any 'buffs', aside from gaining more or less points for specific actions.

I think that the same thing can be said with the charger and smoker in regards to isolation. The amount of points you get for the jockey is pretty meager in comparison to the other SI's when considering how much more difficult it is to use. I believe a 6.5s ride was only 4 points. Landing high pounces can easily net you 14 pts. Bowling over ~2 survivors while charging nets you more than that 6.5s ride. Etc. Maybe just the pt system for the jockey should be adjusted?

Jockey is the most situational infected out of them all. Smokers and Chargers have their spots, Hunters have their high pounces which are infinitely useful, Spitters are chokepoint creators and can screw up a team royally if used in the right situation. Jockeys are by far the hardest to compensate for.

Does this mean you're considering on adding a buff or readding the jump ability?

I would welcome anything that can add more fun to the game that doesn't add confusion or unwanted complexity--because you're right, we like to keep it vanilla.

If jockeys are really such a bad option compared to other SI, you could increase the points gained/amount of time, but as it is right now a perfect jockey (incaps a suvivor from 100hp) gains around 40 pts? It's a lot.

I think jockeys are ok as the situational infected they currently are. I can think of a few maps where they're used extensively, which is in keeping with the norm for infected picks. Teamwork is also key to consistent jockey success, which I like and think this server consistently encourages.

For all these reasons, I would say keep it as is.

I would welcome anything that can add more fun to the game that doesn't add confusion or unwanted complexity--because you're right, we like to keep it vanilla.

If jockeys are really such a bad option compared to other SI, you could increase the points gained/amount of time, but as it is right now a perfect jockey (incaps a suvivor from 100hp) gains around 40 pts? It's a lot.

rocket jockeys +3 on landing, or +5 but as an achivement

rocket jockeys +3 on landing, or +5 but as an achivement

This, I like...

• 2 weeks later...