What is your most memorable concert?

Elvis

This was an epic weekend of camping out with friends. Music and parties.

The B-52s opened the show, which was interesting. A lot of Who fans were confused I think...lol

We had a great view, about 30 yards directly in front of Pete. :thumbsup:

1982.jpg

Hmm very good question. I'm going to exclude all festival performances because even though i've seen some truly amazing ones (QOTSA, Muse,...), it doesn't compare for me personally to an exclusive show.

So it would have to be Fleet Foxes on number one for me, followed by Skunk Anansie and Triggerfinger on a shared number two.

Tough call... lots of great festivals, lots of great shows overall....

I was a lucky kid whose parents loved music so I saw a lot of great classic rock growing up, if you were to name the artist and they were still touring in the late 80s through the 90s I probably got to see them play.

Most memorable was probably seeing the Black Keys back in 2004 or 2005, no one really knew them back then so we got to lean on the front of the stage (The West Coast Filmore in San Francisco) and there was no barrier or security to deal with. The best part was the weekend in the Bay Area with some really good friends. We went in to Amoeba Music (http://www.amoeba.com/)on Haight St and Ghostface Killah was playing on their 10' x 10' stage, so we got a 2nd free show that weekend.

• Like 1

Pearl Jam.

Here in my country there's so few artist/bands that have arrived.

Pearl Jam is one of those bands that you wait for almost 10 years to watch and listen, and all the time waiting is worth it.

• Like 1

Old man sharing? I can play too!

Second to last Husker Du show.

Let's see... Prior to MTV-big Red Hot Chili Peppers were alright but they played at one tempo the entire time which got a bit tired on the ears. The opener for them though rocked damn hard. Faith No More.

Metallica (Justice For All) with Queensryche opening (Mindcrime). That was pretty alright.

So many bands and concerts from my college DJ days - bit of a blur, not to mention the overlap with the blues revival - a lot of old names touring in out of the way places.

Oh yeah... Somewhere in a box I still have an old ticket stub. Alpine Valley - August 26th, 1990. Memorable for all the wrong reasons...

I will in no way say these are the best, but the most memorable shows of mine are

Went to a Reel Big Fish show back in 98. We didn't know anyone was opening for them and we found a band called Longfellow I still listen to that CD

Snapcase - 2001

Widespread Panic - 2004

Matisyahu and Conspirator at a festival. No intentions on seeing either. Ended up at both...

Edited by NOFX

Widespread Panic - 2004

I always suspected you were a closet hippy.

Two most memorable shows for me:

Rage Against the Machine played in Minneapolis during the Republican National Convention. The show was a pre game to the protests that followed later that night.

The Queers in Portland a couple months back. Grew up listening to those guys, but never had the chance to see em.

You may make fun of me for this but I'll be honest I haven't been to many, Andrew wk, flogging Molly, Cher (village people opened for her). But if I really thought about the one I will never forget will always be the first one on my mind of someone says "best or fav concert you been too"

Billy Ray Cyrus in Branson, MO when I was 9-10. It was amazing, got an ear infection from swimming the day before hurt like heal but it was worth it watching him sing ache breaky heart.

Zeds Dead baby! I saw them from vip section @ summer camp.... I was literally 10 feet from them. They were also the first EDM show I went to

[utube]

[/utube]

Also saw Justice this summer, it was pretty epic because I was drunk and dancing around and I turned to my buddy who is a pretty quiet non-expressive guy... he looks at me and just says f**kin Justice. he was so happy. best moment of the summmer

[utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCnBrrnOefs[/utube]

Jeez....I feel like i'm in the middle of a group of hipsters playing "my band is cooler and more obscure than your band", but i'm probably just old, and that pain i'm feeling is probably just gas...Anyways, mine would have to be a toss up between Metallica, and KISS....yes, I know....KISS is cheesy, but the reason it was one of the most memorable for me was because KISS was my first taste of music when I was probably 8 or 10 years old. I had found some of my mom's albums and was drawn in by the comic book-like characters and artwork, then I figured out how to use the record player....so when they reunited and put the makeup back on in 1996...it was like my childhood had come to life. I'd never had the opportunity to see them as a kid, so it was a cool blast from my past.

Stutters reminded me of a great show.

One of the first few shows Rage Against The Machine played after they got back together. It was in the parking lot of AT&T park which is on a pier and you could feel all 50,000 people jumping up and down. We were waiting to see if people would start falling in.

Jeez....I feel like i'm in the middle of a group of hipsters...Anyways, mine would have to be a toss up between Metallica, and KISS....yes, I know....KISS.

You do realize going to a KISS show back in the day is like the most hipster thing in the world, right?

xoxo

Been to 3 concerts in my life:

Flogging Molly

Disturbed

Rascal Flatts

Flogging Molly definitely great, and Disturbed was good as well.

Rascal Flatts was ok, but im not much of a country fan. They have good songs, but too much overall country rock feel for me. I took my now wife to see them when we were dating in high school. :P