suggestion for a new infected buy option

soupp

I really like the new infected buy options - the reghosting and witch upgrade.

So here is another one to think about:

Have an buy option to reduce the respawn timer for SI.

It could have multipe levels - say 10 pts for the first second, 15 pts for the second second and so on.

Yea Yea??

• Like 1

Instead of having this as a menu item, you could just have the respawn time decrease gradually as the round time increases. Knock 1 second off the respawn time for every 5 minutes of round time... or somethin' like that. Might be an interesting variant, to motivate/punish the survivors. :icon20:

Instead of having this as a menu item, you could just have the respawn time decrease gradually as the round time increases. Knock 1 second off the respawn time for every 5 minutes of round time... or somethin' like that. Might be an interesting variant, to motivate/punish the survivors. :icon20:

Or depending on what checkpoint the survivors reach and how many are alive will either not or lower the spawn time.

Or depending on what checkpoint the survivors reach and how many are alive will either not or lower the spawn time.

I like this idea. At every checkpoint, see how many are alive and modify the respawn timer accordingly

• 4 weeks later...

Turbo said something about this in game and i was thinking of it too.

How about the ability to buy cars or other hittables for the tank?

Car at 40 points? Just a thought

Maybe if the tank is on fire buy an extinguish for him?

I'm not going to add the ability to buy spawnable props in the world. Too many people would use that to troll people.

lol i didnt know if it would be a good idea or not , thats why i gave turbo half the credit ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

ive saved up to 100 points few times. Id like to have something to buy that costs as much as well. Something ridiculous and prly impossible to implement like raining witches/cars ? Drugs all players or makes screen shake? Maybe x3 health tank or special infected ?

What id like most is ability to buy special hoard either like hazmat ones or similar. ones that dont die in fire. and cost 10-15 points . Regular hoard should decrease to 5 points imo. As soon as the cry for hoard is heard fireworks drop

Edited by Twins

What if the decrease in spawn timer for Infected was relative to the Total campaign points difference. That way a team that has a few less seasoned players has the handicap they need to make it a good game. This allows a team that is displaying good teamwork to remain challenged instead of blowing the score to 4000 to 400 and at the same time they can still play together without being scrambled. I feel there is still a better resolution to unbalanced skill levels of team rather than constantly scrambling and the sooner we find one and implement it the server will take a huge leap forward in player experience. Its the type of coding/implementation that Valve very well may take note of when designing the VS part of L4D3 along with alot of other aspects of this server that i believe make the game far better than it ever was on its own. JC and Crasx (and anyone else that codes for the plugin) might just get a job offer from Valve one day with one of the most popular L4D2 servers out there to their credit.

• Like 1

What if the decrease in spawn timer for Infected was relative to the Total campaign points difference. That way a team that has a few less seasoned players has the handicap they need to make it a good game. This allows a team that is displaying good teamwork to remain challenged instead of blowing the score to 4000 to 400 and at the same time they can still play together without being scrambled. I feel there is still a better resolution to unbalanced skill levels of team rather than constantly scrambling and the sooner we find one and implement it the server will take a huge leap forward in player experience. Its the type of coding/implementation that Valve very well may take note of when designing the VS part of L4D3 along with alot of other aspects of this server that i believe make the game far better than it ever was on its own. JC and Crasx (and anyone else that codes for the plugin) might just get a job offer from Valve one day with one of the most popular L4D2 servers out there to their credit.

I don't think the spawn timers should be decreased like this. Basically you are saying, if you can't beat the good players with skills, overwhelm them until they die. This seems a little too unfair. It also seems like people are being punished for playing better than the other team. It would cause a team to actually try NOT to win, and keep it a close game the whole way, when it is still clearly stacked, and then just blow it all on the finale.

Also based on this, this would allow the infected to accumulate points faster, spawn tanks faster, and ultimately lead to a down in the saferoom, not because of skill but because they physically cannot get out the door because so many common infected are in the way and specials are pushing them back in.

For example, take 100 troops vs 1000 troops. There has to be a amazing general guiding those 100 and a complete idiot guiding the 1000 for you to have a minuscule chance at winning. The 100 troops may out rank and out gear the 1000 but regardless how much more they are geared, they run out of stamina and eventually are overwhelmed. This general guiding the 100 would have to be more than a genius to win the battle.