suggestion for a new infected buy option

soupp

I think just small changes would have a large effect, hazmat hordes would slow down fast moving teams quite quickly. Essentially right now a 5 point purchase is completely defeated by a 3 point buy, it does mean survivors have to spend those points, but more often than not you'll get 2 for a killing spree back pretty much immediately, plus then maybe another point for pistol/sniper round etc.

Obviously fireworks hurt the person who dropped them (which has meant I no longer just drop them at my feet and just stand there), so I'm a little more hesitant to buy them on a whim any more (which is good).

---

As for changing the spawn timer, it really depends on why a team is losing. If it's because you've got X people on your team who don't know how to use the point system, if you just have genuinely bad people making bad choices, or just stacked teams.

There's almost nothing we can do about the point hoarders, other than trying to explain to them how to use the points system. I've been in more than several games playing survivor lately where I've seen the team losing but there are roughly 150+ unspent points. The only thing I can propose is a mechanic to re-distribute points automatically to your team once a specified time frame* goes past, but only if you've *not* purchased something, *not* interacted with the buy menu or *not* a member. This way it can only really affect the people who don't know what they're doing, and really won't notice the points are gone.

* this could be anything, rather than game minutes perhaps percentage through the campaign, number of people alive.

I've also seen teams lose due to disconnections, or spectator slot kicks. Mainly on infected rather than survivor, but seeing someone try and build up tank points, only to lose them if a member joins or they crash can be disappointing. Perhaps again, point re-distribution to the team, just splitting it between the remaining team players. It's not particularly fair, as you lose that banked state of points on one player, but it seems to be better than the complete loss of them instead. It also means you can't get strategic point dumps.

For people making bad choices and just generally being bad, really nothing we can do, short of imposing some arbitrary hours played limit to join in the hope to only get experienced players, if anything I think this will reduce new players to almost zero. But on reflection of the L4D2 free for life sale that happened yesterday, even a limit as low as 5-10 hours playing verses might be needed. If hours aren't favourable, could be achievement based, ie. you must have achievement X, Y and Z. Either/or perhaps.

Stacked teams could be solved by scrambling at the start of each round, it does defeat the L4D overall score system at that point. However by the time the finale comes around, teams should in theory be pretty much even. If you think at that point it's had probably 3, in some cases 4 attempts to balance the teams and make it right.

Stacked teams could be solved by scrambling at the start of each round, it does defeat the L4D overall score system at that point. However by the time the finale comes around, teams should in theory be pretty much even. If you think at that point it's had probably 3, in some cases 4 attempts to balance the teams and make it right.

There will always be stacks no matter how many scrambles are done. Someone has to Win. Someone has to Lose. Even if the score is 560 survivors and 561 infected. It is stacked towards the infected, however minuscule it may seem.