achievements?

crasx

As much as jackie hates it I'm making some tweaks to the buy system... I'm currently looking at awards and trying to think of new ones. Do you think we need them or will it overpower survivors/infected?

Taking a look at https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Left_4_Dead_2_Events I get some interesting ideas

ie:

- stop survivors from healing- maybe

- shoot hunters out of the air (hunter_headshot)

- decapitate infected

- melee common infected (theres also a variable if the common didn't see it coming)

- destroy gascan on gascan finales

- take adrenaline/pills or give them?..

- infected being shoved

- killing survivor with smoker

stuff like that

'Skeet Practice' - Kill 4 Hunters as they're pouncing.

'Skeeter' - Kill 4 Hunters as they're pouncing with headshots.

'Anti-Smoking'- Kill 4 Smokers before they smoke someone.

'No Riding Allowed'- Kill 4 Jockeys before they jockey someone.

'Lead Boots'- Walk through spit without getting incapped for 30 seconds total.

'He Slimed Me!'- Get a Boomer to bile on you by shoving it repeatedly.

'Tank Buster'- Kill 3 Tanks within 30 seconds of each other. (So after the first tank dies, you have 30seconds to slay two of them).

'Apocalypse Survivor'- Get a killing blow on a Hunter, Smoker, Spitter, Jocky, Boomer, Tank, and Witch in a single round.

'True Apocalypse Survivor'- Get a Killing blow on a Hunter, Smoker, Spitter, Jockey, Boomer, Tank, and Witch in a single round without taking damage from them.

'Golden Apocalypse Survivor' -Get a Killing blow on a Hunter, Smoker, Spitter, Jockey, Boomer, Tank, and Witch in a single round without taking damage the whole round.

'Playing on the GC Server'- Welcome and heres an achievement with no points. Also read the rules.

'Paid Membership'- Thought you'd get an achievement? Noooope. (Still no points).

'Its Not a Rule'- Live for more than 40 seconds as a Spitter.

'Wear and Tear"- Spit onto 8 Survivors.

My achievement ideas, dont know if you'd get them all to work or not.

I got a few,

"Keep Your Heads up and Feet Moving." - Kill 5-7 pouncing hunters while moving.

"Was That A Jockey?" - Jump a survivor with a jockey from an insane distance.

"Going Down!" - Pounce a survivor from an insane distance. (Normal 25 distance is 600 units[valve's use of distance in their Hammer Editor is 'units'] maybe something double, triple, or even 4 times the normal 25 distance.)

"That's Teamwork." Pull/Jockey a survivor into spit 4-5 times.

And this one is just a funny and non-serious one but given the recent topics, I found it appropriate.

"No Pouncing for you Clony" - Skeet Murderin Clony 5 times in a round.

Have the Server pick one SI and one Survivor (secretly) at the start of the round.

Secret bounty on that person/SI. Points for incap'ing them, killing them, etc.

That kinda sounds like the VIP mode, btw... the VIP mode has more achievements?

So many of the ones proposed are achievements for the survivors. With achievements being 5pts each, that's giving the survivors many more heals. In general, i think there should be more achievements for infected than survivors because they're usually harder to....achieve

Hmm, would be cool to get bonus points for ending someone's killstreak, so to speak. Would mean incapacitating a survivor that's playing well (certain # kills/certain amount of time), you can figure out how to code that one..

'Playing on the GC Server'- Welcome and heres an achievement with no points. Also read the rules.

'Paid Membership'- Thought you'd get an achievement? Noooope. (Still no points).

I approve. Meaningless achievements still seem to make people happy :-)

GC Alumni

how about infected?

I was thinking about some kind of relational achievement like damage the same survivor as all the different infected (minus tank)

I can also change the points associated with each achievement so it doesn't have to always be 5

Just a few off the top of my head.

Make an achievement for having one of your witches incap 3 players or kill 3 players if they are dangerous? You obviously must have purchased them.

Do a certain amount of total damage as infected? (Tank damage may not be included?)

Spit on a charger resulting in an incapped survivor 5 times.

Smoke a survivor to set up a high pounce 5 times.

Wall pounce for 12 points on a survivor 5. Just because I think its an actual skill that needs to be appreciated.

Also I like fishys going fishing idea.

Edited by BlackYoshi

GC Alumni

Make an achievement for having one of your witches incap 3 players or kill 3 players if they are dangerous? You obviously must have purchased them.

Do a certain amount of total damage as infected? (Tank damage may not be included?)

Wall pounce for 12 points on a survivor 5. Just because I think its an actual skill that needs to be appreciated.

the combos would be a little tough to do

however I can do stuff like

- force gas can drop

- interrupt gas pour

I can maybe also do heal and defib interruptions. maybe

the combos would be a little tough to do

however I can do stuff like

- force gas can drop

- interrupt gas pour

I can maybe also do heal and defib interruptions. maybe

Understandable, I figured it was a bit of a stretch. I was just trying to think of more achievements that promote teamwork and such.

Edited by BlackYoshi